Vitamin English: Conversation through Modal Verbs
- Before starting this course, students need to speak, understand and read English at a beginner's level or higher.
- Before starting this course, students need to understand the function of base verbs and past participles.
Do you want to sound more like a native English speaker quickly and understand common expressions in daily conversations?
In this course, we will be studying modal verbs. Through the proper use of modal verbs, you can establish a strong foundation for expressing yourself clearly, and as you learn new vocabulary, you will have correct grammatical patterns to use the vocabulary naturally and effectively.
Through this course, you will learn grammar patterns that will help you improve your spoken fluency and sound more like a native speaker. You will be given definitions, examples and pictorial representations of each pattern. By completing the many practice exercises, quizzes and conversations, you will master and retain these patterns. Soon you will be hearing and using these patterns all the time. Your friends will be amazed at your improved English.
- This course was designed for students learning English as a foreign language.
- This course was designed for English language learners who are interested in mastering English modal verbs.
- Expressing Possibility: Introduction07:25
- Expressing Possibility: Grammar Practice05:19
- Expressing Possibility: Conversation02:51
- Expressing Possibility: Conversation Continued02:34
- Expressing Possibility: Speaking Practice06:36
- Expressing Possibility Quiz5 questions
- Logical Conclusions: Introduction04:09
- Logical Conclusions: Grammar Practice03:40
- Logical Conclusions: Conversation01:55
- Logical Conclusions: Conversation Continued02:23
- Logical Conclusions: Speaking Practice03:16
- Logical Conclusions Quiz4 questions
- Expressing Expectations: Introduction03:56
- Expressing Expectations: Grammar Practice03:16
- Expressing Expectations: Conversation02:09
- Expressing Expectations: Conversation Continued01:54
- Expressing Expectaions: Speaking Practice03:41
- Expressing Expectations Quiz3 questions
- Asking for Permission: Introduction04:25
- Asking for Permission: Grammar Practice03:46
- Asking for Permission: Conversation02:07
- Asking for Permission: Conversation Continued02:04
- Asking for Permission: Speaking Practice03:34
- Asking for Permission Quiz3 questions
- Offering Suggestions: Introduction04:31
- Offering Suggestions: Grammar Practice04:30
- Offering Suggestions: Conversation02:19
- Offering Suggestions: Conversation Continued02:00
- Offering Suggestions: Speaking Practice03:34
- Offering Suggestions Quiz3 questions
- Expressing Obligation: Introduction05:02
- Expressing Obligation: Grammar Practice03:09
- Expressing Obligation: Conversation02:04
- Expressing Obligation: Conversation Continued02:06
- Expressing Obligation: Speaking Practice03:03
- Expressing Obligation Quiz3 questions
- Expressing Ability: Introduction02:47
- Expressing Ability: Grammar Practice02:46
- Expressing Ability: Conversation02:14
- Expressing Ability: Conversation Continued02:02
- Expressing Ability: Speaking Practice03:22
- Expressing Ability Quiz3 questions
I have been in the teaching profession for the last fifteen years. I have taught I wide range of ages, levels and subjects. I began my career tutoring university level students with their writing. After that, I continued my career at an elementary school teaching students with special needs. I have also taught high school, middle school and elementary for nine years in South Korea. For the past year, I have been teaching online. I have a Bachelor's Degree in special education and a Master's Degree in educational technology.