Vitamin English: American Slang
What you'll learn
- Students will be able to recognize and understand the most common English slang/colloquial expressions.
- Students will be able to use the most common English slang/colloquial expressions in conversation.
- Before starting this course, students need to speak, understand and read English at a beginner's level or higher.
Do you want to sound more like a native English speaker quickly and understand common colloquial expressions in daily conversations and in American movies, TV programs and other media?
One of the biggest differences between native and non-native speakers is the use of slang or informal expressions. Did you know that on average native English speakers use eight colloquial expressions per minute of speech? Slang is a great way to communicate closeness and establish friendships.
Through this course, you will learn slang and colloquialisms that will help you improve your spoken fluency and sound more like a native speaker. You will be given definitions, examples and pictorial representations of each expression. By completing the many practice exercises, quizzes and conversations, you will master and retain these expressions. Soon you will be hearing and using these slang expressions all the time. Your friends and will be amazed at your improved English.
Who this course is for:
- This course was designed for students learning English as a foreign language, who are at a beginning to intermediate level.
- This course was designed for English language learners who are interested in colloquial or slang expressions.
I have been in the teaching profession for the last fifteen years. I have taught I wide range of ages, levels and subjects. I began my career tutoring university level students with their writing. After that, I continued my career at an elementary school teaching students with special needs. I have also taught high school, middle school and elementary for nine years in South Korea. For the past year, I have been teaching online. I have a Bachelor's Degree in special education and a Master's Degree in educational technology.