What you'll learn
- Learn what exactly a visual merchandiser's role is in a store and how they can fulfill it
- Merchandisers will be able to use industry-standard visual merchandising techniques within 2 hours
- Successfully define your brand identity through in-store visual merchandising
- Identify what clicks with customers and how to capitalize on making the most of your store space
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Basic retail knowledge: what is sales? what is a store? etc...
50% of consumers are likely to switch brands if a company doesn’t anticipate their needs via a proper merchandising strategy.
Visual merchandising is a merchandising tactic that focuses on visually appealing to the consumer.
When designing and implementing a visual merchandising plan, it is important to consider a variety of things. “Who is my target customer?” “what is my target customer looking for?” and “what has worked for me in the past?” are questions you should be asking yourself.
By defining your target customers and identifying their preferences, you can tailor your merchandising techniques to fit their tastes.
This course helps you learn how to develop your skill as a visual merchandiser, whether you are new to the role or would like a refresher on this topic. The course curriculum is as follows:
· Introduction to Visual Merchandising
o What is Visual Merchandising?
o Role of Visual Merchandiser
o Types of Retail Locations
· Store Layouts
o Store Layout 1
o Store Layout 2
· Zones to Consider
Zones to Consider
Difference Between MD and VM
· Product Display / Merchandise Display
· Principles of Design
Plan Merchandise Presentations and Displays
Select Merchandise Thoughtfully
Select Color First and then Define Line
Maintain Good Composition - Intro
Maintain Good Composition - Balance
Maintain Good Composition - Rhythm
Maintain Good Composition - Harmony
Maintain Good Composition - Proportion
Maintain Good Composition - Signage
Plan Lighting Techniques
Evaluate Effectiveness of Presentations
Who this course is for:
- Beginner / Trainee Visual Merchandiser
- Beginner / Trainee Store Planners
Astute Business Leader with International experience holding Key positions such as Director, General Manager and Business Head with Top Retail Organizations having a bouquet of International brands such as ALDO, ALDO Accessories, Agatha, Bally, BhS, Charles and Keith, GANT, La Senza, Liz Claiborne, Lapin House, Mango, Morgan, Mothercare, Nine West, Promod, Petit Patapon, Pronuptia, Premaman, S. Oliver, Tommy Hilfiger, Veronique Delachaux to name a few, in many retail segments such as Supermarket, Department Stores, Specialty Stores, From Mid to Bridge to High End Brands.