Vision with openFrameworks
What you'll learn
- work with the best toolkit in C++ i.e openframeworks
- perform image processing
- work with video I/O
- create mind blowing computer vision applications
- This is an intermediate level course so students should have a basic understanding of object oriented programming. A little understanding of Linux will be helpful, however it is not a must.
- You will require a raspberry pi B+ board
- You will also require a webcam or a raspberry pi camera
Vision with openFrameworks,
openFrameworks is an open source C++ toolkit that assists the creative process by bringing together opensource libraries for graphics, audio/video analysis, image manipulation, computer vision and 3D modeling.
This course aims to teach anyone how to get started with oF and build really awesome applications. Vision with openframeworks is for anyone who wants his applications to see and interact with the real world like living beings. You will learn to create applications for major operating systems and additionally we will be working with the raspberry pi and its camera module, so that you can create mini devices equipped with computer vision and be a real entrepreneur.
We will start off with the
- basics of the toolkit i.e openframeworks,
- you will work with user interfaces,
- video input/output,
- basics of image processing down to rgb and hsv channels and histograms.
The prime focus of this course will be on computer vision applications such as
- contour detection
- color tracking
- object detection
- face tracking
- motion analysis
and many more things.
There will be detailed projects for each and every module and in addition to that we will work with real products to improve your hands on skills.
The ideal student for this course is a programmer who wants to add vision to his applications or an entrepreneur who wants to create a new product or a startup. If you have the basic programming skills and the thirst to learn please join in.
Feel free to check out the course contents and free previews, looking forward to seeing you inside.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn the most comprehensive toolkit for programming in C++
- Anyone who wants to work with images, video, graphics, networking and computer vision
- Anyone who wants to add vision to his applications
- Anyone who wants to be a real entrepreneur and create futuristic products
Hasan is an Embedded Engineer with a bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering and a master's degree in Computer Engineering. He has been a part of the best R&D organizations working on cutting edge research areas such as mobile security, software defined radios and solid state drives.
His expertise involve Embedded Linux, Reconfigurable Computing, DSP Software Systems, Advanced Digital Design and Component-Based Reusable Software. Hasan is on his way to create interactive courses to motivate students back into hardware design.