Microsoft Visio 13/16/19 Like a Boss - The Definitive Course
- 7.5 hours on-demand video
- 3 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- You will understand the building blocks of Visio diagrams: Stencils, Shapes, and the Drawing Window
- Confidence with navigation tasks: zooming in and out of complex diagrams; selecting and positioning shapes
- Work with shape connections and connection points, learning what happens to connections as diagrams change
- Quickly apply shape styles use diagram themes
- Utilize shape grouping and layering in diagrams
- How to add and control your shape text
- How to create specialized diagrams like flowcharts and org charts
- Work with pictures within Visio diagrams
- Use dynamic data from external applications like Excel
- Generate reports based on Visio content
- In order to follow along with the exercises, students will need a copy of Microsoft Visio.
- Either the Standard or Professional editions will work for this course.
- The browser-based version (Online Plan 1) uses a modified interface, but will still work for this course, as the browser version includes a subset of features.
Need to learn Visio quickly? Looking to enhance your skills at the office?
Then this is the course for you.
Join author, Microsoft Certified Trainer, and bestselling Udemy instructor Brian Culp for Udemy's #1 reviewed course on Visio as he demonstrates the most frequently-used, most time-saving features of this pro diagramming tool.
The Like a Boss series has received hundreds of five-star reviews. Here's what others are saying:
"Excellent content! Just what I was looking for to enhance productivity at the office." -Paige Popejoy
"Great personality and explained things well. Felt like he was at my desk explaining it to me." -William Potts
"Very precise, clear and constructive." -Forent Sidler
"Perfect." -Yvonne Belo
Microsoft Visio Like a Boss includes approximately eight hours of video instruction delivered in over 100 separate, bite-sized lessons, making it perfect for learning the application from the ground up, or for going back to review/refresh on a specific skill.
Whether you're creating a first Visio diagram, or a veteran looking for a deeper understanding of Visio's capabilities, you'll be given a guided tour that will help you make professional diagrams with less frustration.
Students will quickly progress from basic skills to a deeper dive into Visio's more advanced features by learning about:
adding and editing diagram shapes and text
connecting and grouping
creating flowcharts, floor plans, and org charts
documenting business processes
linking Visio with external data sources
collaborating with other users
creating custom Visio shapes
time-saving tips and tricks
and much more
In this course, you'll learn by doing.
Most lessons start exactly where you would while at work or at school - with a blank diagram. By simply following along, students will create and edit Visio shapes, text, and connectors, building the skills needed to create flowcharts, floor plans, business process, or start from one of hundreds of ready-made templates.
There's nothing to lose, except the headache of struggling to make the diagrams that can help your company (and your career).
After completing Microsoft Visio Like a Boss, you'll be able to communicate your ideas visually more easily and effectively than ever before. Plus, you're always covered by Udemy's refund policy.
So, if you're ready to explore the potential of this powerhouse diagramming tool, please enroll today. Because whether you're documenting timelines, engineering designs, or UX decision trees, communicating with a professional diagram can make all the difference in the world.
See you in class!
- This course is for beginning to intermediate students who want to make charts, document processes, or create diagrams with confidence and ease.
Be sure to download the Visio keyboard shortcuts for quick reference as we go along.
The lessons, clicksteps, and features shown in this course will work no matter if you're learning on Visio 2013, Visio 2016, or Visio 365. That's because they're essentially the same thing - the desktop install of Visio.
In fact, the most recent Office 365 naming convention calls them Visio Online 1. And Visio Online 2. I know.
The good news is that the features are the same. If you have any questions, please post them to the discussions section. And have fun learning Visio!
Learn the behavior of the Dynamic grid and how it affects the positioning of shapes.
If you want to start with the exact file I'm using here, I've attached the .vsdx file as a .zip (Udemy doesn't allow the upload of .vsdx files).
As a final note, a student mentioned a known issue with the Dynamic Grid, which is that is might not work over a Remote Desktop (RDP) session. If applicable, you can read more here, including info about a possible workaround.
Also posted to the LAB YouTube channel, these next few lessons help master connectors, which will be used in virtually all your diagrams. Enjoy, and please subscribe for lots more tips and tricks covering the apps you use most. Here's the link: