Virtual Worlds for Video: Beginner's guide to Cinematic VR
- 5 hours on-demand video
- 3 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Make your own original Virtual Reality content without coding.
- Learn a balanced approach to making virtual environment videos, using both technical and creative methods.
- Create digital environments in Unity 3D, import animated characters, create custom objects, set up virtual cameras, and record video of your camera shot clips.
- Develop atmospheric mood, use your own photo images as environment textures.
- Export your .mp4 video footage as a 2D or 360 video for viewing in a VR headset.
- A basic understanding of your computer and it's file organization system.
- A laptop or desktop computer, with a 3-button scroll wheel mouse.
- For producing 360 video you will need to purchase a $50 recording asset program.
- Your Unity video footage is ready to view, but editing experience and software is helpful for a final movie production.
Virtual Worlds for Video is an entry course for creating your own original virtual reality content. We will use the Unity 3D game engine to build original environments. We will learn to customize our scene with our own textures, to import animated characters, and then to set up camera shots and record our footage. The resulting video file is exactly the same as using a physical camera, and you will be able to shoot and export your video as a 2D or 360 movie. We will focus on learning a basic workflow and then introduce various areas for further study. This course requires no coding and no previous developer experience. It does move quickly for beginners, but with a bit of motivated study you will make virtual reality videos upon completion.
- Film-makers and artists, or anyone interested in learning to make their own virtual reality videos.
- The motivated novice with some time to learn a fascinating new creative process.
Import version Unity 2018.2.14f1 using the Unity Hub
Import Standard Assets package
Use Unity's tools to add realistic hills and mountains, or sculpt a fantasy landscape.