Virtualization with VirtualBox
What you'll learn
- Students will learn what is virtualization and what are the benefits.
- Then we will focus on Virtual Box, Oracle's virtual machine manager.
- Students will learn how to setup, configure and use virtual machines to their advantage in current or future IT jobs or projects.
- See couple of advanced feature like Dual Screen Virtual Machine and how to increase virtual harddisk size
- PC or Laptop with 8Gb of RAM is recommended (it possible with less, but there is maybe worse performance inside Virtual machine)
Welcome to Virtualization with Oracle's VirtualBox. In this course, I will try to give you answer to the next questions.
What is Virtualization?
Virtualization is technology that allows you to create multiple simulated environments or dedicated resources from a single, physical hardware system. It allows you to use a physical machine’s full capacity by distributing its capabilities among many users or environments.
What are virtual machines and why do we use them?
A virtual machine (VM) is a virtual environment that functions as a virtual computer system with its own CPU, memory, network interface, and storage, created on a physical hardware system. One or more virtual “guest” machines run on a physical “host” machine.
I will show you everything from how to install VirtualBox, how to download ISO file with your desired OS for your Virtual machine, to how to install VirtualBox and Extension Pack. Next, we will go over Guest Addition Installation and how to use VirtualBox manager for backup, restore, and clone. In the end, I will show you some interesting Virtual Box configs like how to set up the dual screen in VirtualBox and how to set up Samba Shared folder between your Host and your Guest OS. Of course, we will cover different network configurations via VirtualBox like NAT network, Bridge network adapter and Host-Only network adapter.
Who this course is for:
- R&D Developers
- Engeenering Developers and Students
- Tech Enthusiasts
HI all. I’m Blagoje Nikolić, an electronic engineer from Belgrade, Serbia, and Certified LabVIEW Architect. Welcome to my BLN364 tech blog site. You can say that I’m a tech nerd or something like that, but anyway, that means that I love anything tech-related. From Linux, Raspberry Pi to LabVIEW, electronic circuit and much, much more. I’m in industry for 5 years and I have worked on a wide range of topics, from developing IoT systems, system automatization for verification and validation in the automotive industry, embedded Linux developer in digital TV.