Virtual Reality - The New Frontier of Digital Marketing
What you'll learn
- How to tell stories in Virtual & Augmented Reality
- New Marketing Techniques
- The benefits of utilizing these new technologies in your marketing plan
- Why incorporate VR/AR into a digital marketing strategy
- Basic scripting and storyboarding for immersive experinces
- Elements to help guide your users through VR stories
- How to create exciting ideas for VR experiences
- Creating the appropriate type of experience for your target audience
- How VR compares to other marketing/storytelling mediums
- None, you can take this course with no previous knowledge!
- It can be helpful to have tried Virtual Reality or Augmented Reality before
As marketers, creatives, business owners, and entrepreneurs, we know the importance of telling stories that are impactful and engage potential customer's emotions. Imagine being able to engage your audience on a dramatically deeper level. Imagine being able to bring your potential customers into an experience rather than passive content. With Virtual and Augmented Reality this is possible!
At this point, you are probably aware of Virtual and Augmented Reality technologies and their dramatic rise in popularity and adoption. However, you may feel unsure of where your place is in all of it.
If you are not on the 'techie' side of things, how do you cross over your knowledge about marketing and storytelling to the new medium of immersive technology? This class will help you navigate your way through this question. The truth is skilled storytellers and marketers are VITAL to the success of any VR/AR project.
Key Concepts We Will Explore in This Class:
The difference between immersive storytelling and traditional media like film, print, and 2D gaming
The power and potential to immerse users in experiences like never before
How to tell the right stories for this medium
How to properly storyboard and script for immersive experiences
What key elements you can use to guide user focus within VR
How the 'hero's journey' applies to immersive storytelling
And so much more
This class will give you specific examples, case studies, and assignments to guide you on your way and help you become an immersive tech marketing pro!
Please note that this class is NOT for those looking to learn VR/AR development. We will cover a lot of information on storytelling and marketing theory for immersive experiences but if you are looking to learn development (how to make VR/AR experiences in Unity or other development platforms) there are lots of other great courses out there for that!
Who this course is for:
- Marketers curious about Virtual and Augmented Reality
- Marketers wanting a better understanding of how to make good VR/AR experinces
- Those curious about storytelling in AR/VR
- Those curious about Virtual and Augmented Reality
- Content Creators looking for new ways to distribute content
- Companies in need of new marketing strategies
- Marketers looking to engage their customers better
- CMO & CEO's
- Creative Directors
Nisha is passionate about building brands, telling amazing stories, and utilizing the power of cutting edge technologies.
Her desire is to empower others with the digital marketing skills they need to lead their band to success.
As a co-founder of the creative agency Reflective Brands and a Senior Creative Director, Nisha has specialized in understanding the individual needs of clients and translating the main objectives into creative digital branding concepts and solutions.
Nisha’s journey began with a career in Filmmaking. She has both worked at, and had her films showcased in, top film festivals such as Sundance and Cannes. This background provides an in-depth knowledge of storytelling structures/techniques and how they are an integral part of storytelling as a tool to drive consumer interaction.
Her skills are a hybrid of both art direction and digital marketing techniques working across multiple platforms. She focuses on creating emotional connections that carry through integrated marketing strategies in order to build and strengthen long term brand affinity.
Nisha keeps her finger on the pulse of the latest innovations in the marketplace, technology, and consumer experience in order to cut through the noise and help her clients stand out from the milieu.