Virtual School Guidance Counselor
What you'll learn
- Adult mentors will be help students define what personal wellness is and how it relates to socio emotional learning..
- Adult mentors will help students identify tools and strategies to support personal well goals.
- Adult mentors will guide students in identifying the different aspects of the wellness wheel.
- Adult mentors will help students understand the emotional benefits of a daily wellness practice.
- Adult mentors will monitor student creation of a personal wellness vision board.
- Parental Approval
Guidance lessons to go is an opportunity to arm parents and adult mentors with resources to support students' socio-emotional needs while at home or on the go. In keeping with the American School Counselor Association (ASCA) model, this course provides lessons that are designed to teach students skills and strategies for coping with academic and socio-emotional challenges. Guidance lessons to go will help students achieve academic success, develop interpersonal skills, and gain a better understanding of themselves. Decision-making, problem-solving, goal-setting, and stress-management, are some of the lessons taught. The overall goal of this course is to provide parents with a curriculum that offers students practical tools that they can put in their toolkit or toolbox for support with academic, social, and emotional stressors that may occur in their lives. The program is facilitated by a professional school counselor via video. In keeping with a traditional guidance lesson curriculum, the video lessons will be similar to what a large group guidance session would offer.
I provided expertise as 9th Grade Graduation Coach/Counselor, and during this tenure, I was involved in planning and maintaining comprehensive school counseling programs to fulfill the academic, career, and personal/social development needs of students. I also provided guidance curriculum, student planning, as well as preventive and responsive services. I methodically aided all students with developing academic, career, and personal/social skills through monitoring and intervention; additionally, I collaborated with parents/guardians and educators to support students with educational and career planning.
Who this course is for:
- This course is a guide for parents, homeschool teachers, and adult mentors to use in programs to address student socioemotional needs. Each lesson is the equivalent to a large group guidance lesson that a school counselor would facilitate ina traditional setting..
I am a 25-year education veteran. Utilizing creative strategies in teaching and counseling I have made learning and counseling personable and impactful. I believe in holistic human services and have made it a point in my career to use creative arts, mentorship, and workshop engagement in my professional practice to promote self-advocacy, problem-solving skills, and self-help.