Mastering VirtualBox: From Beginner to Expert!!
What you'll learn
- Install Virtual box on windows
- Create and run virtual machines
- Install Ubuntu on a virtual machine
- Take snapshots and restore from snapshots
- Create full or linked clones
- Understand and configure various network adapters
- setup DHCP server in virtual box
- Understand and navigate the command line interface for virtualbox
- create a virtual machine using command line interface
- Manage snapshots using command line interface
- Collect host/virtual machine resource usage metrics using command line interface
- Install windows 10 on Virtual box
- Internet access
- Administrator rights to install software on computer
In this course I will help you understand basics of Virtualization and configure various features available in Oracle VirtualBox. I will go over the following topics:
Basics of Virtualization.
Download and install VirtualBox.
Creating your first virtual machine and installing ubuntu desktop as guest OS.
Snapshots and clones.
General settings like import and export, group etc.
Various networking options available in VirtualBox for example, Bridged mode, NAT, port forwarding etc.
Understand VBOXMANAGE utility.
Configure DHCP server using VBOXMANAGE.
Create a virtual machine using command line interface.
Collect host/virtual machine related resource usage data using command line interface.
You should be well prepared to use oracle virtual box as your lab environment for your home or work environments.
Nestor Contreras : "His lecture was really easy to understand, the steps were very accurate to the process"
Jeff : "I strive to be an expert on whatever I do. So I was looking for a refresher on VirtualBox and found his course on Udemy. I decided to start my refresh from the basics up to advance! I'm not proud! But I'm good!"
Alberto Hideki Sakata : "Excellent teacher and course!"
Srikant Singh : "Instructor is very knowledgable and explains the concepts in an easy to understand manner. Will definetly recommend to others."
Who this course is for:
- Anyone willing to learn Oracle VirtualBox
I have been an IT engineer for over 11 years now, during this time I have worked in a many fields like networking, systems engineering, virtualization, unified communications and more recently cyber security. I love tweaking around with systems, deploying and configuring enterprise infrastructure and applications.
On a personal level, I love reading about historical events and characters and have been trying to learn how to surf (to no avail ;)).