Viktor Frankl's Logotherapy
What you'll learn
- Viktor Frankl's life and theory of Logotherapy. You will learn about the life of Viktor Frankl and his meaning-centered philosophy which he coined, Logotherapy. The founders of the Viktor Frankl Institute of America, Pam Roy and Alex Vesely (Frankl's grandson) will walk you through the history of Logotherapy and present exercises to help you find out what matters most to you so you can live a purposeful life. The course contains video footage of Frankl speaking about topics such as self-transcendence, unconditional meaning, and the existential vacuum. This course relates Frankl's philosophy to modern times.
- No course requirements are necessary.
Do you wonder what your life's purpose is? Have you discovered your meaning?
In this 4-part course, you will learn about the life and work of Viktor Frankl, who was the founder of the psychology of meaning. His grandson, Alexander Vesely, a certified Logotherapist, provides commentary and explanations related to each week's topic. Additionally, there are audio and video clips from Frankl himself, along with other supporting videos and materials.
The course is meant to provide an overview of the meaning-centered theory, Logotherapy, which translates to "healing through meaning" in Greek. It is as much a life philosophy as it is psychotherapy. Anyone interested in learning more about Viktor Frankl, Logotherapy, and meaning is invited to take the course.
The course is organized by weeks, but you can take it at your own pace.
· Week 1: Who was Viktor Frankl?
· Week 2: What is Meaning?
· Week 3: What is Logotherapy
· Week 4: Meaning Under All Circumstances
You will have access to never-before-seen footage from the family archives and analysis by Viktor Frankl's grandson, Alex Vesely. His interviews with VFIA co-founder, Pam Roy, reveal much about Viktor Frankl's personal life and his theory of Logotherapy.
You will gain a deeper understanding of Frankl's philosophy and suggestions for applying the principles to your own life.
Please note that this is an informational course only, not a certification.
“Ever more people today have the means to live, but no meaning to live for.”
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in psychology, discovering meaning, finding a purpose in life, and fans of Viktor Frankl's Man's Search for Meaning.
Grandson of Viktor Frankl, Alexander Vesely, MA. is a producer and award-winning documentary film director at Noetic Films in Los Angeles, California. He is also a licensed psychotherapist and head of the Viktor Frankl Media Archives in Vienna. Vesely began in TV- and film-production and co-founded the production company Clipwerk. His interest in psychology and cinema led him to become a licensed psychotherapist, tutor at the University of Vienna and guest-lecturer at the Hochschule für Fernsehen und Film (HFF) in Munich, Germany.
Besides his therapeutic practice, he traveled the world speaking on the topic of Logotherapy, the meaning-centered school of psychotherapy founded by his grandfather Viktor Frankl. Vesely worked with renowned dramaturg Christian Mikunda at CommEnt Production Group for over five years before continuing his work with Noetic Films in Los Angeles, California. In 2010, his documentary Viktor & I won several awards.
Through her writing, speaking, and mentorship, Pam advocates for the mental health and wellbeing of children and young adults. She writes a blog for parents about education and preparing students for life and work. Inspired by the meaning-centered philosophy of Viktor Frankl, Pam is involved in film and book projects related to bringing his ideas to a new generation. She is co-founder of the Straight Up Impact film company and Executive Producer of an upcoming short film series entitled, Meaning in Madness, as well as the feature film of Man’s Search for Meaning. Pam is the co-author of The Inspiring Wisdom of Viktor Frankl: A 21-Day Reflection Book about Meaning.