VideoScribe Desktop Fundamentals: Creating Animated Videos
What you'll learn
- How to create professional quality animated videos, quickly and easily
- How to plan your project, select a scribe layout and a theme
- How to add music and a voice-over
- How to find and use suitable images
- How to use images, text, charts and GIFs effectively
- How to control the camera movement, and create scenes and transitions
- How to use a range of different animation methods and techniques
- How to fine tune and finalize your project
- How to turn your project into a high quality video and share
- No previous experience with VideoScribe or other video making software required - VideoScribe is very easy and fun to use
- No artistic talent required - VideoScribe comes with a large library of images that automatically draw
- You will need a VideoScribe account - paid subscription preferred
My name is Jonny Finch and I’m the Head Trainer for Sparkol, the creators of VideoScribe. I’ve been creating videos and teaching courses on how to get the most out of VideoScribe for over 7 years now.
In this fundamentals course I’ve captured all of our top hints and tips so you can quickly learn how easy it is to create engaging whiteboard animation videos using VideoScribe for your desktop.
Please note: this course focuses on the desktop version of VideoScribe, so it is not recommended for users of the browser version.
This course is perfect for beginners - maybe you’re brand new to VideoScribe or you’ve already mastered the basics. Either way, you’ll learn all the fundamentals of whiteboard video creation and also all those neat tricks and tips I mentioned.
With VideoScribe, you don’t need to be an artist or have any video creation experience. Our library is full of pre-animated illustrations and images which automatically draw themselves - you just choose the styles that you like. I’ll be taking you through everything from the ground up.
Throughout this course, we’ll be running through a step-by-step process to create your own amazing animated videos from scratch. Enrol now to get started!
Who this course is for:
- New VideoScribe desktop users who want to learn how to create an animated video from scratch
- Existing VideoScribe desktop users who want to improve their skills and expand their knowledge with expert tips and tricks
Jonny is passionate about helping people to use VideoScribe to tell their story. He’s worked in the software industry for nearly 30 years, writing and delivering training courses for customers around the globe. He believes in helping students gain a deeper understanding of each topic, rather than simply running through a list of product features. With Jonny’s approach, users can appreciate how the software really works and be aware of scenarios where certain options and techniques can be most useful.
Jonny joined Sparkol, the creators of VideoScribe, over 6 years ago and during this time he’s worked very closely with the Product, Support and Marketing teams. Based on his in-depth knowledge of VideoScribe he’s created a broad set of training materials, from basic to advanced, which he’s honed over the years. Jonny is responsible for delivering hands-on workshop sessions for Sparkol’s biggest customers, and has a wealth of experience on how best to teach each topic. All this knowledge and experience has been captured in the courses he’s prepared specifically for Udemy.
Sparkol is the creator of the #1 whiteboard animation software, VideoScribe. We design storytelling tools, like VideoScribe, Scribely and StoryPix, to help businesses, charities, and educators tell stories with staying power.
VideoScribe is easy, quick and inexpensive. You can create a video that will captivate your audience in minutes!
IT'S EASY TO USE
Select images, type text and add music or voiceover. VideoScribe does the rest.
Create captivating, memorable content in minutes, then publish and share.
IT'S FANTASTIC VALUE
Produce as many videos as you like, with the most cost-effective tool available.