VideoScribe Desktop Advanced: Mastering Whiteboard Animation
What you'll learn
- How to plan your project and define the message for your video
- How to prepare your script and draft your storyboard
- How to define a visual theme for your scribe
- How to use various backgrounds, hands, fonts and animations as part of your theme
- How to control standard camera transitions, including pans and zooms
- How to create interesting and creative scene transitions, including pre-drawn scenes
- How to create fade transitions and instant scene cuts, including secret camera jumps
- How to add in extra camera movements
- How to create interesting effects using the ‘move in’ animation method
- How to use advanced layering techniques
- How to create animations using advanced morphing, including moving and transforming images
- How to create stop motion animation sequences
- You should have good practical experience creating videos using VideoScribe desktop and a solid understanding of all the basics
- Ideally you should have previously completed the 'VideoScribe Desktop Fundamentals: Creating Animated Videos' course
- You will need a VideoScribe account - paid subscription preferred
My name is Jonny Finch and I’m the Head Trainer for Sparkol, the creators of VideoScribe. I’ve been creating videos and teaching courses on how to get the most out of our software for over 7 years now.
In this course I’ve captured our most useful advanced techniques to help you master whiteboard animation and create even more engaging professional-looking animated videos using VideoScribe for desktop.
Please note: this course focuses on the desktop version of VideoScribe, so it is not recommended for users of the browser version.
This course is aimed at experienced users who already know the basics and have created a number of videos using VideoScribe desktop. You’ll learn how to use a comprehensive set of creative tools and methods, such as how to create a variety of different types of transitions using advanced camera techniques, and creating different animation effects using move-ins, layering and a variety of morphing techniques. We'll also be looking at the planning process in detail, as well as covering how you can use different backgrounds, hands, fonts and animations to establish a range of captivating themes for your videos.
If you haven’t already, I recommend you complete our 'VideoScribe Desktop Fundamentals: Creating Animated Videos' course before starting this one.
Throughout this course, we’ll be working with a number of example scribes to understand exactly how we can set up and master these advanced techniques. Enrol now to get started!
Who this course is for:
- Existing VideoScribe desktop users who have mastered the basics and want to learn more advanced techniques
- Experienced VideoScribe desktop users who want to create even more professional-looking videos
Jonny is passionate about helping people to use VideoScribe to tell their story. He’s worked in the software industry for nearly 30 years, writing and delivering training courses for customers around the globe. He believes in helping students gain a deeper understanding of each topic, rather than simply running through a list of product features. With Jonny’s approach, users can appreciate how the software really works and be aware of scenarios where certain options and techniques can be most useful.
Jonny joined Sparkol, the creators of VideoScribe, over 6 years ago and during this time he’s worked very closely with the Product, Support and Marketing teams. Based on his in-depth knowledge of VideoScribe he’s created a broad set of training materials, from basic to advanced, which he’s honed over the years. Jonny is responsible for delivering hands-on workshop sessions for Sparkol’s biggest customers, and has a wealth of experience on how best to teach each topic. All this knowledge and experience has been captured in the courses he’s prepared specifically for Udemy.
Sparkol is the creator of the #1 whiteboard animation software, VideoScribe. We design storytelling tools, like VideoScribe, Scribely and StoryPix, to help businesses, charities, and educators tell stories with staying power.
VideoScribe is easy, quick and inexpensive. You can create a video that will captivate your audience in minutes!
IT'S EASY TO USE
Select images, type text and add music or voiceover. VideoScribe does the rest.
Create captivating, memorable content in minutes, then publish and share.
IT'S FANTASTIC VALUE
Produce as many videos as you like, with the most cost-effective tool available.