Video Game Weapon Course : Modeling / Substance Painter 2
What you'll learn
- Set up reference images inside of Maya
- Create block out meshes and understand their purpose
- Build optimized and well thought out high poly models that are rich in details
- Create low poly models that have great topology and will look great in game
- Learn the fundamentals of good texture unwrapping and layout for different situations
- How to keep clean files that are organized when working with a game team
- Exporting your models so that you can work with them in game or other art software
- How to use Substance Painter 2 to bake our model's textures
- Creating realistic textures and materials inside of Substance Painter 2
- Rendering portfolio screenshots of our models out of Iray
- Exporting our final textures from Substance Painter 2 so that we can use them in a game engine.
- Fundamental knowledge of using Maya
Learning how to create weapons for games can be hard. There are many places where things can go wrong. Trying to follow multiple tutorials about modeling and texturing can result in leaving out the most important details or, in the worst case, give you the wrong information. This can leave you feeling confused about how to model and texture game weapons and asking yourself how you could improve the quality of your art work.
What you want is a game industry professional to walk you through the process of creating a game ready weapon. You would have no questions about how to create the highest quality results possible. Your art and knowledge would jump in quality, leaving you with beautiful art for your portfolio or game.
This course is designed to give you all the skills you need to create beautiful weapons for games. You will be walked through each step of the creation process of creating a first person knife. All the steps have been recorded and narrated to give you the skills to not only build this knife but to build any type of 3d weapon at the highest quality. By the end of this course you will have the skills to create beautiful weapons and models for games.
Now is the time to increase your art ability and really let your true skills come through. So sign up for the course now and have yourself wondering why you ever let yourself struggle at creating beautiful weapons for your art portfolio or video game.
Who this course is for:
- If you are learning to create game art or want to increase the quality of the art you can create for your portfolio or video game.
My name is Bradley Wascher, I am a 3D environment artist working in the video game industry. I've worked for some of the biggest names in the video games industry, from Liquid development, to High Moon Studios, which is owned and ran by Activision. I have several years of on the job experience creating 3D art for video games. I have even worked for a design company creating 3D products all the way down to 2D web graphics and print ads.
I've had the great pleasure in my many jobs to have learned a lot and met a lot of great people that had their own techniques and insight. I wanted to give back to the world of 3D by releasing classes and tutorials that would help others either get a grasp of how video games are actually built or help artists that are already working to advance their skills.
If you ever have any questions just let me know. -BW