- 41 mins on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- You will learn what software you will need to block video games from your computer.
- You will learn about the history of video games.
- You will learn how to prepare to quit video games
- You will learn and understand how much time you are really spending on video games.
- You will learn how to think about things you can do instead of playing video games.
- You will learn about the pomodoro technique.
- You will learn how to set a quit dates.
- You will learn how nutrition, exercise and sleep can help you quit gaming.
- You will learn how to take action on quitting your gaming addiction.
- You will learn how to get rid of consoles, games and how to install specific software.
- You will learn about growth mindsets.
- You will learn how to implement certain strategies.
- You will learn how to prevent a relapse.
- You will learn what to do if you do have a relapse.
- You will learn about the long term benefits of not playing video games.
- You must be serious and motivated to curing your video game addiction
- Video game addiction must be something you think you have.
- No prior knowledge of addition is required; only motivation to want to quit.
- You are encouraged to take notes so you can reflect upon the topics you have learned.
- You can complete this course on your own time. It is recommended that you watch the entire course first and then go back through and rewatch each lecture as you experience them.
- This course will have monthly updates and tips you can use that pertain to addiction and you will get ongoing instructor support.
- You will benefit most if you are driven and passionate about improving your quality of life.
- Be ready and dedicated to quitting gaming - the right mindset is crucial to your success!
- This course has been updated numerous times since the initial publication and will continue to be updated with new resources.
- You will need to watch the course, do the assignments, take the quizzes and explore all additional resources in order to make the most out of this course.
***** 5 Stars!
This course really helps in breaking free from your video game addiction. The instructor laid out clear steps to help you achieve those.
This video game addiction course will teach you a broad range of techniques and methods to help you transform the way you think and feel about your life and video game addiction.
Although gaming is widely accepted in most cultures, there's still a lot of stigma associated with having a video game addiction. Making the decision to get quit and seek out support is tough! And finding the right program can be challenging. Our addiction and recovery courses have been proven to be effective and a great alternative to traditional rehab where you would be required to give up your job, school, family, pets, etc.
This course was designed and taught by Nick and Denise who not only have experience gaming but also have professional and educational experience in the addiction and recovery field.
If you want and know you can achieve so much more by not having a gaming addiction then you are in the right spot! This course will give you the step by step guide on how to kick your gaming addiction for good.
Your life is worth it. Be the person you were always meant to be. Do the things you were always meant to do.
Want to advance your career?
Want to be more present with your family and friends?
Do you want your life back? Your Health?
Video game addiction no more!
You're here because you know, like others enrolled in this course, video addiction is ruining your life and you're sick of it. We're here to tell you that it doesn't have to be like this. You can beat it.
What if there were specific things you could do right now?
That's the question we asked ourselves as we built this course from the ground up. We researched the heck out of this course and looked for ways you can take immediate action.
Most people want to implement fixes right away and that's exactly what we put in the curriculum.
Breaking free from your video game addiction is a brand new way to approach a growing epidemic that retrains your thoughts and actions.
It's time to get empowered.
A key component of our course is teaching you ways to beat your addiction to video games yourself. Using your own mind we'll build new belief patterns.
We're going to teach you how to build healthy habits and make decisions that will literally change your life.
More than 23 lectures, lifetime access and mobile ready; this course was built for today's gamer.
Break free from your video game addiction today!
Once enrolled, you will be invited to join our closed Facebook group and will get ongoing instructor support through the course Q&A.
Our monthly emails will also give you additional strategies and concepts to consider as you kick your gaming addiction for good!
Kicking an addiction isn't easy but the fact that you are here today shows that you are wanting to take that leap, that next step to ensuring your future will be solid, secure, and full of potential. You can do this!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is this course only for people who struggle with video game addiction?
A: While this course was primarily written for people who struggle with video game addiction other people can benefit from taking this course such as family members who are worried about a love one or addiction counselors who want more knowledge and insight on addiction and recovery
Q: How is it possible to recover from an addiction online? Don't I need a 12-step program or in-patient rehab?
A: 12 step programs are outdated and their success rates are shockingly low. Not everyone is cut out for rehab and can just leave their family, friends, kids, pets, work, school, etc. The material in this course will give you the tools you need to be successful in fighting an addiction, however, you will need to find the motivation within so you can apply the concepts you will learn.
I am confident that if you implement the strategies and techniques laid out in this course you will be able to kick your addiction for good.
Imagine how much time and money you will save by not playing video games. Don't wait and spiral further down the hole. Start today!
- Anyone who is struggle with video game addiction or has a loved one who is struggling with a video game addiction.
- If you think you might have an addiction to video games this will be great material for you
- If you are here looking at this course description, you are questioning whether or not you need to make a change. This course will help you understand how to do so.
- Many professionals who are looking to get into social work that focuses on chemical dependency, addiction or substance abuse would also benefit from taking this course.
- This video game addiction course is for people who want to kick their addiction on their own. Students should be motivated and eager to quit gaming..
- Quitting gaming on your own takes determination and courage. It's not a walk in the park but you will have so much more freedom to make choices based on your own desires and needs.
- You will gain way more than just the ability to stop gaming. You will obtain important skills for your everyday life that go beyond video games or any addiction.
- Many professionals who are looking to get into social work that focuses on addiction would also benefit from taking this course.
- Another draw to online recovery is that you are in control so the work can be done on your own time, when it's right for you.
- Having a life free from video game addiction will not just free your mind and body but will open up many doors personally and professionally.
For best results, here is what you will need in order to be successful in breaking your habit.
Welcome to our next section. We have a lot to cover in this section as I will be giving you all the tools you need get ready to completely cure your video game addiction. Work through each lecture carefully and if you need any additional support, feel free to ask away. Bye the end of this section you’ll be 100% ready to take action. Let’s start off by talking about the scientific impact video games has on the brain.
When you are dealing with a video game addiction it is very easy for hours to pass by without even noticing or moving away the screen/device you are using. This makes the process of recovery extremely hard because you are not removing yourself from the situation causing the addiction to begin with. But, how can someone who is addicted to something self-regulate in a way that reduces the play time? Enter the Pomodoro method.
In order to overcome an addiction you must have balance and strength in all areas of your life. Playing video games allows you to forget about the rest of the world and when you forget about other areas of your life you become unbalanced. This causes fatigue, health problems, and many other things.
We covered a lot in section 2. I recommend skimming back through each lecture to make sure you have everything covered before moving on to section 3 where you will be taking action. Remember, the more prepared you are, the more successful this course will be for you. If you skip something because you don’t think it’s important, please don’t. All lectures are crucial to your success.
Welcome to section 3 where you are going to actively engage and take action. Today is your quit date and I’m so proud of you for taking the plunge! You will be making hard choices and decisions here in this section so be prepared for the hard stuff but also be prepared to know that your whole life is about to change. So without further adieu, let's dig in.
We’ve been teaching students now for many years how to beat their addictions and one of the most powerful things you can do is to have a growth mindset. The growth mindset has helped many people see a way out of their current circumstances when they previously could see no way forward.
That’s it for section 3. You should have by now successfully gotten rid of all of your gaming gear, installed software on your PC, and you should understand what it takes to have that growth mindset. We also talked about ways you are now going to be spending your time. I’m super proud of you for getting this far and I’ll see in the next section where we’ll talk about relapse prevention and what to do if you relapse.
You may have relapse, no matter how hard you try not to. I don’t want you to use this lecture as permission to do so, so let’s be clear on that. Instead, I want you to have this information so you know that if you do relapse, you can work through and get back on the no video-game train.
This concludes section 4 where we talked about relapse and relapse prevention. I’m truly inspired by you making it this far! I know from experience that this is one of the hardest things you’ll ever have to do but the fact that you are working through this course means you are dedicated to changing your life.