Vertica Database 9.2.1 and MC Installation on CentOS Linux
What you'll learn
- CentsOS download and installation in Virtualbox as a guest operating system
- CentOS configuration for Vertica installation
- Registration and download process of Vertica database and management console community edition software
- Single node Vertica database 9.2.1 database cluster installation and configuration in CentOS
- Detail navigation of Admin Tools for Vertica database administration from Linux command line
- Linux command line sql client usage for schema creation, user creation and grants
- GUI based sql client download, installation, jdbc driver configuration and sql usage
- Vertica Management Console 9.2.1 installation in CentOS
- HTTP port setting change in Firewall for Management Console UI access from host operating system
- Vertica Management Console configuration and detail navigation
- Importing already installed Vertica database cluster in Management Console and detail navigation
- Core DBA technology knowledge
- New trending topics will be added soon based on demand
- Basic understanding of computers and networking
- Basic knowledge of SQL and Linux will be helpful but not required as detail instruction is present in course.
- Windows, Linux or Mac PC to complete hands on labs sessions.
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A VERY HANDS ON COURSE. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR COURSE THAT TALKS TO SLIDES, THIS IS NOT FOR YOU.
Course targeted to anyone who wants to start their carrier in Vertica Database administration.
Following topics are covered in the course
CentsOS installation in Virtualbox
CentOS Basic Commands, Navigation, Shutdown
Vertica Software installation
Vertica configuration and database creation
Virtual machine resolution change
Schema and user creation from vsql prompt
Squirrel GUI sql client usage
Vertica Management Console installation and configuration
Importing Vertica database cluster in Management Console
Who this course is for:
- Students looking for Vertica DBA as career in future
- Working IT professionals who wants to move in DBA track or change track from other database
- Anyone who is interested in understanding of data management and data security
DataPad provides leading-edge training on various database, sql and ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) best practice. DataPad is dedicated to help people learn, understand, and master important topics through hands on exercise.
DataPad consists of members with 15+ years of delivery experience in architecture development and end to end integration of new OLTP, MDM, DW modules like order, order line, cost, shipment, payment, prescription, claim, eligibility, campaign using ETL, FTP based batch file and real time API based infrastructure in Life Science, Insurance, PBM and Retail sectors.
A strong, student-focused approach, gives us the ability to understand what you need, and in what format. If you're looking to develop strong knowledge and expertise on any of our subject, enroll now!