Design Versioning - Version control for designers
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn how to easily and for free maintain a backup of your design
- Learn a way to keep versions of all your designs all in one file
- Learn what does versioning mean and how you can control it
- Share your designs with your team in a controlled way
- Let other people collaborate with your designs easily and keeping everything under control
- Stop keeping dozens of folders and copies of files for your designs and start keeping it simple with this method
- You should be willing to learn a new way of keeping your designs under control and versioned
- All the software required for the course is free and instructions to download and install are provided inside the course
Last course update: March 24th 2019 updated course lectures
My name is Adria Jimenez, and I am an engineer and designer passionate about technology, design and excellent products with years of experience working in big and small projects.
During last year, I’ve tried different approaches to keep my designs (Sketch, Photoshop, and images) under control and backed up.
First of all, I had several requirements:
Keep design versions enabling me to go back in time like I do in Mac Time Machine
Ability to completely change any design at any time without losing my early progress
Have backup of my designs
Make my designs shareable with my colleagues so they could collaborate on my ideas
Cheap or ideally free to use
Simple folder structure
Easy to use
As you can see, it is something basic if you are a freelancer or work with a small team of people. I tried several online services like Dropbox and some other offline inventions like having my complex set of folders, or multiple copies of files but at the end nothing worked as I wanted or it created much overhead.
Finally, I found a solution and it worked so great that I decided to teach other designers like you how to replicate and benefit from my workflow.
What are you getting with the course?
Proven working workflow
HD video lessons
Step by step guides
What you'll be able to do at the end?
By the end of the course, you'll be able to use my refined workflow to keep your designs organized and versioned.
You’ll benefit from the ability to know at each point in time what did you do and why did you do it, and not only that. You’ll be able to go back in time to recover a particular design at a given point in time, all of that while having just one design file instead of multiple copies of it.
As soon as you get used to this workflow you will not believe how you have been so long without doing your daily work like this.
Who is the ideal student?
The ideal student for this course is someone who works with design files, either Photoshop, Sketch or any other tool. There is no limitation in the tool to use.
It can be either working on big projects with a lot of other people or something small, personal projects or a freelancer.
See you inside the course, learn the new workflow and change the way you work forever.
- Designers, UX, Developers, Product Owners, etc...
- People who deal with designs either Sketch, Photoshop or any other software and want to improve the design workflow and storage
- People who wants to keep a history of all the work they made in order to be able to go back in time and check what they did and why they did it
Welcome in! Be sure to check this lesson to see how to get the most of the course.
Before starting with the course, make sure you know what the course is about and make sure you are ready to start learning!
This lecture shows how I structure my files and folders, a method that works for me and should work for most of the cases. But it's just my recommendation. There is no need to work like this and you can use your own way of organizing. The other part of the course will also work for you regardless of your folder organization.