Vector Illustration 1: Drawing Dogs & Animals
- 1 hour on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- A tried a true illustration technique to quickly create stunning animal and portrait illustrations
- Working knowledge of illustrator or similar vector program
Learn how to quickly draw dog portraits in illustrator using only a mouse and pen tool. Learn techniques to break up a portrait into visible color patterns to create depth yet keeping a simplistic style. Use the pen tool to snap, cut, and quickly flush out your portrait.
This class dives right into:
1. How to setup the file to make it easy on you. Live look at dog vector illustrations, how they are built, and getting a sense of style and detail. Also we take a look at other illustrations I have done.
2. Drawing the nose - it's a focal point!
3. Drawing the eyes to have soul. Last part of video has a speed build to watch for.
4. Drawing an ear with punch techniques and detailed areas using the pathfinder tool.
5. (speed) Drawing the mouth - how much slobber do you really need?
6. (speed) Drawing the fur. I've sped up this group of videos so it's fun and fast to watch but also gives you the tips and tricks during the process.
6. (speed) Drawing the fur... you get it - lot's of fur.
7. Final - Dropping the illustration into a live working packaging project for real life results!
8. (speed) EXTRA VIDEO: Speed build for fun to watch on a darker colored dog.
If you want to stay up to date on my newest classes, please click on “Follow” below. I also share resources and am starting to run contests, and my followers are the first to hear about these opportunities!
Connect with Brian on his website, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter
- Illustrators seeking new techniques for illustrating animals and portraits.