VCE English creative writing text response
What you'll learn
- The VCAA requirements for a high scoring response
- Confidence in your ability to write a Creative text response
- Understand the criteria of doing well in this task
- How to plan and prepare your own creative writing text response
- How to include references in your writing
- How to identify key themes from a text that you can write about in your narrative.
- Why it is important to keep to the events and themes of the text.
- How to use a blank moment or gap from the text for your creative writing task
- How to identify and emulate the author’s use of language
- The ways authors create meaning and build the world of the text by responding to different contexts, audiences and purposes.
- How to write a statement of explanation to go with your creative writing task.
- How to use Metalanguage
- What is a creative text response
- No requirements.
Our English creative writing course is designed especially for students who want to get a great score for their year 11 or 12 English creative text response. Like everything in life, the more prepared you are, the better you will perform.
Of course, it requires the right kind of preparation. This short video course is designed by subject experts, teachers and high ATAR achievers at Evergreen Tutoring Services, and it is the best video support you can find.
Everything is aligned to the Australian Curriculum, including specific outcome requirements from the VCAA regarding what a high scoring response for this task requires. It covers everything students need to know to get their best ATAR.
What will be covered in this course?
What is a creative writing text response?
How to plan your creative writing text response
How to identify key themes from a text that you can write about in your narrative.
Why it is important to keep to the events and themes of the text.
How to use a blank moment or gap from the text for your creative writing task.
How to identify and emulate the author’s use of language
How to use and include references from the text to support your creative writing task
How to write a statement of explanation to go with your creative writing task.
The ways authors create meaning and build the world of the text by responding to different contexts, audiences and purposes.
How to use Metalanguage
What is included in this English course?
2-hours of video you can watch
Content created by experts
A short workbook to guide you through your creative writing task.
Who this course is for:
- VCE students looking to get a great ATAR
- Year 11 and 12 students
- Students looking to improve their creative writing text response
Our tutoring service has been operating for four years and has a range of expert tutors. All our tutors have or are working on a bachelor or higher in the field they teach.
Our tutors range from university lectures to PhD students, qualified teachers, and high ATAR achievers.
All our courses were created by our expert team.
We offer 1-to-1 online, tutoring in every subject from prep to year 12 and beyond. We are sure our online lessons are the best available and offer as much, if not more than traditional face to face lessons.
Evergreen Tutoring Services is an Australian owned company and place of teaching excellence, where students can feel empowered while learning the skills that will help them thrive both during and after their school years are over.