VCE Biology Unit 3 week 1- plasma membranes and transport
This course is the first in a series of courses that will cover the VCE Biology Unit 3+4 content.
In this course you will be taught:
- The structure and function of plasma membranes
- How substances are transported across plasma membranes
- The process of exoxytosis as well as the part ribosomes, endoplasmic reticulum and golgi apparatus play.
- The process of endocytosis and the different subtypes
Each video includes:
- Colourful, easy to follow diagrams
- Good tempo of explainations
- Summary dot points
- Summary slide at the end of every video
Who this course is for:
- This course is targeted at students undergoing VCE biology unit 3 however can be taken by anyone studying final year secondary college biology or anyone with an interest in biology
- 10:24The fluid mosaic model
- 09:36Transport across membranes- PART ONE
- 09:28Transport across membranes- PART TWO
Hi, I'm Allison
I am currently a medical student in my final years and I have also completed a bachelor of biomedical science. In looking back at my VCE biology studies, I realised that biology really makes up the foundations of what I learn about everyday and what doctors use in making their decisions everyday.
A confession though... I didn't really enjoy biology in highschool. It felt very dry and things just wouldnt stick. Now that I'm in the medical field I have a new found wonder of biology and I want to help you find yours. I designed this school with the aim of providing videos that break down biology to the simple concepts and then build them back up with more of the details as well as real life examples.
I hope to ignite some interest in you for your biology studies and make it easier to learn. Peace.