How to Build a Business Based on Values and Why it Matters
What you'll learn
- How to build a business based on your intrinsic values.
- How ideas about values in business were evolved.
- How to put into practice the theoretical foundations of a business based on values.
- How to disclose your personal values for business purposes.
- How to apply effective tools for generating unique value proposition.
- How to formulate and check basic assumptions for any business.
- How to pose the right questions to your customers.
- How to adapt your business to the changing needs of the customers.
- Participation in the course requires knowledge of entrepreneurship and marketing.
- Participants' experience in running their own companies is highly desirable.
We live in a world that is oversaturated with values. It is generally accepted that values are significant, relevant, fundamental, and so on. The word "value" is overused - especially in a business context. Therefore, the disclosure of the real meaning of values for entrepreneurs is crucial. It is not only the disclosure of the meaning of values that matters. It is equally important to apply knowledge of values in practice.
Values are usually understood as guiding principles on the basis of which each of us makes decisions. Which economic actors possess the most significant values: owners, customers, employees, suppliers, politicians? This issue requires clarification. The goal of this course is to explore the personal values of entrepreneurs as well as the values of customers.
In this course, students will learn how to:
- build a business based on their intrinsic values,
- understand how ideas about values in business were evolved,
- put the theoretical foundations of a business based on values into practice,
- disclose their personal values for business purposes,
- apply effective tools for generating unique value proposition,
- formulate and check basic assumptions for any business,
- pose the right questions to their customers,
- adapt their businesses to the changing needs of the customers.
This course addresses the issues of understanding, disclosure, and practical application of the values of entrepreneurs and customers. Participation in the course requires knowledge of entrepreneurship and marketing. Participants' experience in running their own companies is highly desirable.
Who this course is for:
- Entrepreneurs with experience in running their own companies.
Pavel Prokushenkov has over 25 years of experience in entrepreneurship, lecturing, and coaching. He earned his Masters in Aviation Engineering and Social Psychology and currently is working on his PhD in Management with a focus on human values. As an entrepreneur, Pavel was involved in international projects in real estate, fashion, and consulting. Pavel is a lecturer in strategy and business planning. He supports entrepreneurs around the world as a mentor and coach.