Validate Your Business Idea in 4 Steps
- Have a business idea
In this course, I will be taking you through the process of validating your idea. While starting a business is always risky, proper validation helps reduce this risk and improve your chances of building a successful, sustainable business.
Validation can be messy and most people doing it for the first time easily get lost. Having gone through this process myself and coached 100s of people on this topic, I've developed a 4-step process that can help you quickly get a sense of whether your idea could potentially be a success.
I will explain the 4 steps - Assumption Mapping, Customer Interviews, Formulating Value Proposition, and Traction Testing, as well as show you a quick Traction Test I did for my own business. To ensure you have everything you need to test your idea, I've also developed a Toolkit (on Miro Board) that you can use for your idea's validation.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone with a business idea
- 04:18Introduction - Why We Validate and How
- 05:15The Ground Work - Preparing Your List of Assumptions
- 15:53Making most out of your Customer Interviews
- 05:31Formulating Your Unique Value Proposition
- 04:30Traction Testing - Learning a lot about your business' viability quickly
- 06:42Testing Your Traction in 72 hours - Case Study
- 08:12Validation Toolkit Explained
Lisa is a startup coach, entrepreneurship lecturer, and a co-founder of ZebraFarm - a startup skills platform.
She is an early-stage generalist, having gone through a global startup accelerator, raised a pre-seed (angel & VC) round, worked as Entrepreneur-in-Residence in an accelerator. Currently Lisa is coaching & lecturing students and student entrepreneurs at Imperial College London & Royal College of Art and writing her Ph.D. in entrepreneurship about the tough journey first-time founders go through.