Vagrant Fundamentals for Achieving DevOps Success
- 1 hour on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- DIscover how to use Vagrant to streamline your DevOps workflow
- Create and manage development environments with Vagrant
- Use the Vagrant Cloud to search and find boxes
- Deploy code and files to Vagrant using Provisioners
- Configure networking in Vagrant to integrate with your applications
- Some experience working in a Linux environment
- Some scripting experience would be beneficial
- A basic understanding of VMs (any VirtualBox knowledge a plus!)
The DevOps movement has seen the release of a whole host of tools to help ops engineers and developers work together collaboratively to write, test and deploy code that supports their business. One of the most useful tools in this space is Vagrant by HashiCorp.
Vagrant provides a no-nonsense way to streamline your development workflow by orchestrating virtual machines and enabling you to easily define complex environments and deploy them with ease in a repeatable and reliable way. Vagrant finally solves the age old developer mantra of; "It worked on my machine!"
Groups of developers and system engineers can work on identical environments that are crafted to reflect their end production systems. This gives developers the ability to work side by side using identical environments and to test changes on systems that have a close parity to production. Ops engineers can deploy those same environments to test infrastructure configuration or application integration.
Vagrant is not limited to just developers and ops engineers. It's so versatile it can solve a whole range of problems, I even use it in my other training courses as a teaching tool ensuring all of my students are working from the same, tested known environment! Vagrant really is for everyone!
In this course we'll cover the fundamentals of Vagrant, you'll learn what boxes are and how to use the Vagrant Cloud to find them. Throughout the course we'll create a new Vagrant project and deploy out packages and content to spin up a working web server from a single command.
- Application developers who need to spin up a working environment with minimal effort
- System engineers who want a reliable, repeatable way of deploying to a test environment
- Web developers that wish they could spend less time configuring their stack and more time coding
- Vagrant is for everyone!