UX Strategy Fundamentals
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Develop a clear, solid strategy for UX that applies to any kind of product or project
- Use a simple method to determine which features and functions are truly important (and possible)
- Understand who your stakeholders really are and what you need to know from each of them
- Get all players in a project to agree on what constitutes value — both for users and for the business
- Separate what people say they need from what they actually need
- Uncover the things users don't know they need (but really do)
- Connect user needs with product strategy and requirements
- Determine and control the scope of any project
- Set the proper expectations for everyone involved and ensure there are no big, expensive surprises later
- No experience required. If you're new to UX you'll get everything you need. And if you're a seasoned pro, you'll find some easier, simpler ways of doing what you do.
Building a site, app or system that’s useful, usable and valuable is not easy. Why? Because you have to consider any number of user motivations, expectations, environments and possible actions. You have to figure out how to research, test and analyze to figure out what they want, what they need and what they’ll be willing to use.
And it’s likely you’ll have to do it with half the time and budget you really need.
UX Strategy Fundamentals walks you through the process of doing just that, step-by-step. You’ll learn how to make good UX decisions at every step of the design and development process, and you’ll see how those choices impact product quality and scope.
Whether you’re a designer, developer, UXer or are completely new to ALL of this, you’ll leave this course with a practical understanding of what makes great products great. And you’ll also understand the mechanics of making those products run smoothly, efficiently and with less stress. Taken from Joe Natoli's popular UX & Web Design Master Course taken by more than 7,000 students, this laser-focused course uses lectures and hands-on exercises, to teach you:
- The Three Crucial Questions you must ask of every client, every project, every time
- Simple methods for determining who your users really are
- How to figure out which features and functions are truly important (and realistic)
- Simple methods and tools for business stakeholder research
- How to identify business goals — and get everyone to agree on them
- How to identify true user needs — getting beyond what people say they need to what they actually need
- How to connect user needs with product strategy
- How to generate meaningful product requirements
- How to determine and control the scope of any project
- How to set the proper expectations for everyone involved and ensure there are no big, expensive surprises later
These are the same principles and methods I’ve used with the largest companies in the world for nearly three decades. I walk you through everything step-by-step and I only focus on what works. You’ll find clear, straightforward advice, simple tools and real-world examples.
UX Strategy Fundamentals will prove to you that strategy work isn’t just for experts, and it does not have to be complicated.
- New or experienced UXers, designers, developers, product managers and product owners