User Experience From Scratch: How To Become a UX Man
What you'll learn
- Create a user-centered UX design
- Create interactive prototypes of any apps or websites in Axure 8
- Understand the basics of UX design
- Understand what usability is and why it is important
- Become a professional UX designer
- Ask your client the right questions
- Conduct a basic user research and create user portraits
- Create information structure
- Create a paper prototype
- A basic proficiency with web design is recommended, although not required
Students about this course:
"Wonderful. This is the only practical UX course I found online!"
"This is the course you need if you want to learn the UX Design Process"
"I love it!"
Hi! My name is Klim, and I’m a user experience designer and a founder of UXMAN Design Studio.
The process of UX skills mastering contains 90% of practice and just 10% of theory. At the same time, currently available online UX courses mainly contain only theory which you’ll quickly forget due to a lack of practice. As a result, this learning process may seem more painful and boring than it is.
So I created my own, unique course. On this course, you will learn through practice how to build effective UX design so you can jump-start your UX career.
At the beginning of this course, you will choose your own project, and you’ll move it through all five design stages from briefing to the interactive prototype which you can later use for your future portfolio, or even to start a real business.
So If you feel like that’s what you need, just sign up and let’s start it right now!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to enter the UX field and become practitioners
- Anyone who is going to launch their own app or website
- UX designers
- Digital product strategists
- Product managers
- Business Owners
I am a UX consultant with 7+ years of experience. I created human-centered UX design for over 50 web and mobile apps and websites in different niches. I create user portraits, build information architecture, design interactive prototypes in Axure. I also do usability testing and usability audit. I have been providing design expertise to companies like Nokia, Russian Post, RosEvroBank, and others.
MY UX DESIGN PROCESS:
1. Understand business needs
2. Do user research. Create user portraits and understand user needs
3. Create information architecture
4. Do paper sketching
5. Create highly interactive prototype in Axure
6. Perform usability testing or A/B testing if possible
7. Improve UX design and repeat tests
So I am a really big fan of user research. To say more, I do not really believe anymore in UX design "in the vacuum", when you just silently sit at the laptop and draw rectangles. It does not work well anymore in the today's competitive world. That is why I prefer to validate all my design decisions by using such technics as:
– moderated and unmoderated user testing
– first click tests
– card sorting and tree tests
– user polls and interviews
– A/B tests
– Master's degree in IT — Bauman Moscow State University
– I also educate myself through travels. I travel a lot, and I visited already over 40 countries. This experience helps me so much in understanding human behavior.
UX PUBLIC WORK
– I created UX design courses in Moscow, and now I am a Udemy professor on my UX design online courses
– I participated as a speaker in UX people usability conference in Moscow