UX & Design Thinking Quick Start
What you'll learn
- Understand how UX & Design Thinking form the core of every successful project.
- Understand the importance of UX & Design Thinking for application design projects.
- Learn the crucial interviewing skills necessary to ensure you're building the right application for the right people.
- Learn a new way to break down larger problem sets into chunks that more clearly identify the problems.
- There are no prerequisites for this introductory course.
UX and Design Thinking are hot practices in the business world today and this quick, simple course will show you how Design Thinking can help you create the best user experience for your customers.
By learning the most important aspects of a user-centric approach, you’ll begin to understand why designing for specific user needs is critical to user adoption, and how to plan for the best possible outcome.
And, you’ll discover just why UX and UI are not the same thing - a misconception that continues to permeate the business world.
If you’re in the position of using enterprise software to create applications for end-users, then you want to start with this course to get a solid understanding of what needs to be done for high success rates and user adoption.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone involved in applications design and development in business
- Anyone who's looking to be innovative for growth and advancement
- Anyone who works in IT and is responsible for building applications for groups of users
Starting off long ago in the clothing industry in NYC, I've traveled the world as a researcher, designer, strategist, and product developer. I have a passion for teaching because I love to see that look in the eyes of a student when the lightbulb turns on and they blossom in the world. I'm a storyteller, I'm an artist, I'm a lover of life.
In my tenure in the tech industry I've briefed the Asst Secretary of Defense on knowledge management projects, I've consulted with GM, The Chicago Board of Trade and others, and I've reviewed Business Intelligence and Analytics projects for many Fortune 500 companies.
I am currently the UX Research Manager for a top five international paper and packaging company, where I coach younger UXers, evangelize up the enterprise, and set standards of excellence for UX practices. I use the exact same methods I teach in this course to help every company I work with see and understand where they have problems, and then to design solutions to those problems that save them millions of dollars a month or year in wasted costs.