UX Audits Using Heuristic Evaluation
What you'll learn
- A deeper understanding of Usability and why it is essential for creating any UX
- An understanding of the difference between different methods to evaluate a UX - Usability Testing and Usability Audit
- A deep dive into Nielsen's Heuristic which is a proven method to identify usability issues
- The confidence to contribute in a fast paced environment and meet business objectives quicker
- A framework that helps you and your team to reach to the usable and market ready product faster. You will be able to involve your team and client in the whole process
- Willingness to learn
- Exposure to Web and Mobile Apps
Can you think of two apps that do the same thing, but one is harder to use than the other? This lack of easiness is a result of bad usability of products.
Good news is, by making some small changes in your product you can really improve its usability. The first step is to identify the usability issues. UX Audits are the cheapest way of finding usability issues in a product.
This course will teach you how to conduct Usability/UX Audit using Nielsen's Heuristic. We will start from the very basics of usability and understand the importance of usability. You maybe a UX practitioner or you might be just starting out, this course is good for anyone who is involved in creating digital products.
You will learn the 10 Nielsen's Heuristics which are the set of rules to create usable digital products. We will cover each heuristic in detail with examples and practical ways to use them.
You will have access to the Bonus Content includes 3 more UX guidelines other than Nielsen's Heuritic :
Bruce Tognazini's First Principles of Interaction Design
Ben Shneiderman's Eight Golden Rules of Interface Design
Donald Norman Usability Principles
You will learn a practical step by step guide on how to conduct a UX audit and the team composition and size.
This course is divided into 5 sections with 4 quiz and 1 practice test.
Section 1 - What is Usability and why it matters
You will understand what makes a product usable. By the end of this section, you will have understood the difference between UX Audit and Usability Testing. This section also has a quiz at the end.
Section 2 - Nielsen's Heuristic Evaluation : 10 Heuristics and their application
In this section, you will know all about Nielsen's Heuristics with practical examples and methods to implement them. At the end, you will have a quiz.
Section 3 - How to Conduct Heuristic Evaluation
What are the practical steps to actually do the UX Audit of a Product. You will learn about the ideal composition of an evalutation team. Do not forget to take the quiz in the end
Section 4 - Closing notes, Goodbye and a Practice Test
Section 5 - Bonus Content
Bonus Content 1 (Video) - More Heuristics for UX Audit
Bonus Content 2 ( Video) - Ebooks and Webinars
Bonus Content 3- The List of Additional Resources
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who is responsible for building a Digital Product - Website / App / Softwares
- Product Designers looking to create more usable products
- UX Designers who want to make quick UX feedback a part of their design process
- The Solopreneurs who run a website and want to improve their conversions and engagement
- Freelance UX Designers who want to expand their portfolio with UX Audit Services
- Product Managers learning to evaluate their products internally first
- Developers digging deeper into design
- Product Teams that cannot spend a fortune on doing usability testings
- Anyone interested in Usability
Jagriti is the co-founder of UX Gorilla and ElpisDesign. She has also co-founded Design Jungle one of the biggest and fastest growing communities of design thinkers in India.
A postgraduate and gold medalist in design research from prestigious NIFT Delhi, Jagriti helps companies in creating usable, delightful profitable and scalable products.
Though a hard core Entrepreneur, she views herself both as a student and teacher passionate about learning and sharing about human-centered design. She has so far trained hundreds of Entrepreneurs, Project Managers, developers and designers from startups and MNCs in her workshops.