Intro To SQLite Databases for Python Programming
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand how to use SQLite Databases With Python
- Understand the basics of what a Database can do.
- Install Python, SQLite, Sublime Text, and Git Bash
- You'll Learn How To Create a Database and Table
- How to put data in and take data out using Python
- How to update and delete data from the database
- How to explore what's in the database whenever you want
- How to create basic reports with the data from your database
Check out my student Facebook Group...
It's a great place to get fast support for this course from me, to interact with other students, to post your projects and code, and to access course announcements and extras...
- A Basic Understanding Of Python Programming Would Be Helpful
- You don't need any special tools, we'll download everything we need for free. You just need a Windows, Mac, or Linux computer
These days everything uses a database, and SQLite is one of the most popular databases out there. FREE and Open Source, SQLite is a great database for smaller projects, hobby projects, or testing and development.
Likewise, Python is one of the most popular and powerful programming languages today. Pairing the two together is a powerful combination!
In this course you'll learn the basics of using SQLite with Python.
You'll learn how to create databases and tables, add data, sort data, create reports, pull specific data, and more.
For this courses I'll assume you already have a basic knowledge of Python programming, but you don't need to know anything at all about databases or SQLite to take the course.
What Is A Database
How To Install Python
How To Install Git Bash Terminal
How To Use SQLite in a Python Program
How To Connect to Database in Python
How To Create A Database
How To Create A Table
How To Insert One Record Into Table
How To Insert Many Records Into Table
Understanding Data Types
How To Select Data From Table
How To Format Your Results
How To Use The Where Clause
How To Use The Like Clause and Wildcards
How To Use AND and OR
How To Update Records
How To Limit and Order Results
How To Delete Records
How To Delete (Drop) A Table And Backups
At the end of the course we'll build a very basic app to help reinforce all the things we learning along the way.
I'll walk you through all of this and more, step by step. If you have any question along the way, I'm here to answer them.
If you've ever wanted to understand SQLite databases or use them in your Python programs, this is the course for you.
We'll download everything you need for this course for free, you don't need any special tools!
I'll see you on the inside!
- Anyone who wants to use the SQLite Database with Python