Using LinkedIn to Get a Job Without Going Crazy
- Have an existing free LinkedIn account.
- Draft an updated resume to use as the base for your new LinkedIn profile.
- Microsoft Word or other word processing program to write your draft profile.
COMPLETELY UPDATED FOR 2017
Is LinkedIn driving you crazy? You’ve heard the rumors: 90% of recruiters and HR professionals are looking at your LinkedIn profile before contacting you. However, you have yet to gain a real, viable job opportunity through the site that fits your career goals. If this describes you, sign up to learn how you CAN find a job on LinkedIn without going crazy.
Go Beyond Just Writing a Winning Profile to Become a LinkedIn Master
In this course, learn how to:
- Write a compelling Profile that attracts recruiters and hiring managers
- Leverage Groups to make the most of a free account
- Track down and connect with key managers
- Apply to jobs without making deadly mistakes
Tap into the Social Media Giant That Recruiters, Managers, and HR Departments Use Every Day
Since 2007, I have been an avid user of LinkedIn, helping job seekers tap into this vital website and apply strategies to connect with managers, recruiters, and industry leaders. As a former Human Resources Recruiter, I know what employers look for – and how to work within the unspoken rules while fully utilizing effective, tactical networking tools like LinkedIn to gain access to the real decision makers.
This course is perfect for everyone, from beginners to skilled LinkedIn users. In particular, I discuss not just the “how to” with LinkedIn, but also the important strategies of “why” that makes an effective job search.
Using a mix of lectures, guided screen shots, quizzes, and written content, you will learn everything from the basics to advanced tactics for using LinkedIn to gain a new job. With over 2.5 hours of video content, the entire course is outlined in detail so you can quickly jump to specific lectures to answer your questions. Plus, as LinkedIn rolls out new advancements, I will continue to update the course so you always have the most up-to-date content on LinkedIn.
At the end of this course, you will be able to make meaningful connections while you build your online reputation and increase your number of Profile views. And of course, you will be able to make the most of every job posting you see and find the hidden jobs on LinkedIn.
Stop the insanity of doing the same ineffective strategies over and over while expecting different results. Learn how to get a job on LinkedIn without going crazy!
- Job seekers of all levels, from entry level to the executive suite who wants a sane, practical and effective strategy for using LinkedIn.
- Professionals who want to expand their online network and reputation.
- People who want to make the most of a free LinkedIn account.
- Key facts about LinkedIn03:56
- LinkedIn Facts3 questions
- Your Social Media Comfort Level04:24
- Social Media Comfort Level03:58
- Paid vs. Free Accounts05:54
- Roadmap for LinkedIn's Home Page04:56
- Basic Account Settings03:19
- Privacy Settings and What They Really Mean06:34
- Sneaky Communication Settings01:41
- Overview of the privacy settings03:26
- Account Settings Quiz5 questions
- Resumes vs. LinkedIn Profiles03:10
- Profile Elements: Your Name, Picture, Backgrounds, and Headlines02:35
- Choosing and Uploading a Photo04:20
- Profile Elements: Custom URL and Contact Information03:33
- Profile Elements: Your Summary03:21
- Profile Elements: Making Your Experience Memorable01:37
- Profile Elements: Skills and Endorsements03:14
- Profile Elements: Bonus Material01:40
- Uploading Your Profile12:06
- Profile Elements Quiz5 questions
- Uploading Media and Other Content05:18
- Concepts of Searching01:46
- Conducting an Effective Search08:18
- Using Company Pages to Find Key Managers02:10
- Concepts of Searching3 questions
- Let's Start Networking!02:58
- Managing Your Invitations03:39
- The Cardinal Sin That Everyone Commits: Generic Greetings02:02
- Sending a Custom Invitation03:31
- Importing Your Contacts04:19
- Managing Your Network04:06
- Removing a Connection (aka "Unfriending")03:56
- Messaging and InMails04:12
- More on Messaging and InMails01:00
- Messaging and InMails2 questions
- Introduction to Groups02:50
- Groups You Should Join - and Why01:35
- Roadmap for the Groups02:28
- Finding and Joining New Groups01:40
- Group Settings That REALLY Matter04:38
- Connecting to a Fellow Group Member03:12
- Building Your Reputation in the Groups04:08
- Groups Quiz3 questions
- Finding and Applying to Jobs08:39
- Using the Job Preferences for a Hidden Job Search03:58
- LinkedIn Job Postings4 questions
As a successful entrepreneur and career coach, Donna Shannon assists job seekers, business owners, and professionals in the art of promoting themselves LinkedIn. A former corporate recruiter, Donna is the author of two books: "How to Get a Job Without Going Crazy" and "LinkedIn Essentials: Are You IN?" Ms. Shannon is based in Denver, Colorado, and has presented at national conferences in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Orlando, San Diego, Tampa, and Dallas.