Using LinkedIn to Get a Job Without Going Crazy
What you'll learn
- Steer clear of the “LinkedIn Cardinal Sins” that are destroying your effectiveness on LinkedIn.
- Create a dynamic, keyword rich profile that enhances your resume and attracts recruiters.
- Apply for jobs without making deadly mistakes.
- Discover the hidden jobs on LinkedIn.
- Build a strong reputation and find new professional contacts in Groups.
- Connect with people without spamming them.
- Track down and connect with practically anyone on LinkedIn, including the hiring manager for your dream job.
- Understand how to use privacy controls to your advantage.
- Have an existing free LinkedIn account.
- Draft an updated resume to use as the base for your new LinkedIn profile.
- Microsoft Word or other word processing program to write your draft profile.
COMPLETELY UPDATED FOR 2022
Is LinkedIn driving you crazy? You’ve heard the rumors: 90% of recruiters and HR professionals are looking at your LinkedIn profile before contacting you. However, you have yet to gain a real, viable job opportunity through the site that fits your career goals. If this describes you, sign up to learn how you CAN find a job on LinkedIn without going crazy.
Go Beyond Just Writing a Winning Profile to Become a LinkedIn Master
In this course, learn how to:
Write a compelling Profile that attracts recruiters and hiring managers
Leverage Groups to build your reputation and find hidden jobs
Track down and connect with key managers
Apply to jobs without making deadly mistakes
Tap into the Social Media Giant That Recruiters, Managers, and HR Departments Use Every Day
Since 2007, I have been an avid user of LinkedIn, helping job seekers tap into this vital website and apply strategies to connect with managers, recruiters, and industry leaders. As a former Human Resources Recruiter, I know what employers look for – and how to work within the unspoken rules while fully utilizing effective, tactical networking tools like LinkedIn to gain access to the real decision-makers.
This course is perfect for everyone, from beginners to skilled LinkedIn users. In particular, I discuss not just the “how to” with LinkedIn, but also the important strategies of “why” that make an effective job search.
Using a mix of lectures, guided screen shots, quizzes, and written content, you will learn everything from the basics to advanced tactics for using LinkedIn to gain a new job. With over 2.5 hours of video content, the entire course is outlined in detail so you can quickly jump to specific lectures to answer your questions. Plus, as LinkedIn rolls out new advancements, I will continue to update the course so you always have the most up-to-date content on LinkedIn.
At the end of this course, you will be able to make meaningful connections while you build your online reputation and increase your number of Profile views. And of course, you will be able to make the most of every job posting you see and find the hidden jobs on LinkedIn.
Stop the insanity of doing the same ineffective strategies over and over while expecting different results. Learn how to get a job on LinkedIn without going crazy!
Who this course is for:
- Job seekers of all levels, from entry level to the executive suite who wants a sane, practical and effective strategy for using LinkedIn.
- Professionals who want to expand their online network and reputation.
- People who want to make the most of a free LinkedIn account.
Donna Shannon, career coach, speaker, stand-up comic and President of the Personal Touch Career Services, has been empowering business professionals with high quality classes and coaching programs since 2004. With over eight years of experience in Human Resources and Recruiting, Ms. Shannon knows the tactics that get past the HR department’s screening process and impresses the hiring managers.
Donna is the author of “Get a Job Without Going Crazy,” host of the “Tattooed Freaks in Business Suits” podcast, and has presented at national conferences in Denver, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, and Orlando. The Personal Touch Career Services is one of Denver’s top-rated resume and career coaching service on Google, with over 90 5-Star reviews..