Using GeoGebra To Teach 5th Grade Fractional Concepts
This quick course introduces some of the many GeoGebra resources that have been created for students to use while learning math concepts. These fraction activities help to make difficult concepts visual and provide students with free practice, guidance, and manipulatives. Instead of just teaching the HOW of fraction operations, let these interactives assist you in teaching the WHY.
- 4-6 Grade Math Teachers
- Introduction To GeoGebra03:10
- Curating Resources With GeoGebra04:07
- Partitioning Whole Numbers Into Unit Fractions04:19
- How To Use Virtual Fraction Blocks06:35
- Placing One Whole On A Partitioned Number Line04:04
- Place Fractions On Number Lines04:22
- Using GeoGebra Interactive Activities To Add Fractions05:05
- Using GeoGebra Interactives To Subtract Fractions With Number Lines04:09
- Using Area Models To Multiply Fractions03:16
- Using GeoGebra Interactives To Multiply Mixed Numbers03:47
I am a certified elementary educator for grades 1-8. I am in my 20th year of teaching and am currently specializing in 5th-grade math instruction. I love sharing different ways to make difficult concepts easier for students. "Work Smarter, Not Harder" is the saying in my classroom. I am a Google Certified Educator, ISTE member, and district technology trainer. In May of 2020, I will graduate with my Masters of Instructional Technology Leadership from the University of Louisiana at Monroe.