User Stories for Agile Scrum+Product Owner+Business Analysis
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 15 mins on-demand audio
- 2 articles
- 5 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn what a User Story is and why they are so powerful for capturing requirements in complex projects
- Feel confident in writing user stories for any project
- $$$£££ Learn how to write user stories WITHOUT paying thousands of dollars for training
- Understand what a Requirements Spec is and Why they are less flexible than a Product Backlog built with Agile User Stories
- Explain what The Three Rs rule, Acceptance Criteria and Edge Cases are and how they will make you a better user story writer
- Understand how to split and amalgamate stories
- Learn techniques to help you to split user stories when working in the real world
- Understand the difference between EPics and Themes and when each is used
- Learn who is responsible for writing user stories in agile and scrum
An overview of what you will learn on this course
An overview of historical methods of capturing requirements and why these are not the most flexible approaches..
An overview of how to write an effective description using a technique called the 3 Rs.
Describes exactly how to capture the detailed requirements of a story using acceptance criteria
- There are no pre-requesites for this course. I explain everything from the ground up
JOIN A THOUSANDS OF STUDENTS IN UDEMY'S MOST COMPREHENSIVE AGILE USER STORIES COURSE!
THIS COURSE HAS BEEN DESIGNED TO SAVE YOU HUNDREDS IF NOT THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS ON AGILE USER STORY TRAINING AS A PRODUCT OWNER, AGILE TEAM MEMBER OR BUSINESS ANALYST.
"Scrum Open, Professional Scrum™, Professional Scrum Master™, PSM, PSM I, PSM 1, etc. is the protected brand of Scrum . org. Our course and practice exams are neither endorsed by nor affiliated with Scrum . org."
Three reasons to TAKE THIS COURSE right now!
The unique reasons for taking this course are:
- Complete, Concise, Confident Overview of User Stories - I cover all of the theory and give you examples of how the theory is used in industry.
- Confidence in writing User Stories - In a very simple way, I teach you exactly how the pros write user stories without going into a class room or spending $1000..
- You get to ask me questions and see me respond to every single one of them thoughtfully!
Includes Narration from Ted R. Brown
What is a User Story?
A User Story is the description of a product feature or requirement from from a user's perspective. Based on my experience, it is the simplest way to capture requirements which focus on adding value and help businesses to deliver early return on investment!
Who should take is course?
Whether you are a product owner, scrum master, business analyst, team member, business stakeholder or simply someone who wants the answer to the question "what is a user story", this is the place to start. If you are preparing to become an agile product owner or agile business analyst then this class is for you.
What will I learn?
In this class you will learn:
- Concise overview of Agile User Stories - Including How to write a user story description, acceptance criteria to capture the detail, the purpose of epics and themes in dealing with large or vague requirements and how to split stories along with the reasons why user stories are favoured over traditional methods of capturing requirements. This includes lectures on the principles that underpin user stories, such as the INVEST principle and the Three Cs formula.
- The facts based on real industry experience and agile expertise - The correct terminology and use of User stories is essential to mastering it. My experience in industry and extensive research into the topic has been used to give you a solid grounding in the most concise way possible.
- Agile Product Owners / Agile Business Analyst preparation - I tell you the exact theory and give you templates to prepare you for writing user stories in the real workd, business or work place without having to do a face to face course saving you hundreds if not thousands of dollars.
The course is video based with no supporting document necessary. I go through key gotchas from the scrum guide. If you have 3by5 index cards, this is a bonus but you can get started without this.
How is the course structured?
Each section features an overview of a particular aspect of User Stories such as Principles, How to write a user story description, how to write acceptance criteria, or epics. Examples are included throughout the course. All is based on Agile theory and real world experience so you know that you are learning the facts.
Inspired by God, the Bible, Mike Cohn.
- Product Owners, Agile Business Analysts, Agile or Scrum Team Members and Business OWners
- Anyone who wants a complete overview of Agile User Stories and certainty that they are getting the facts taught by an industry expert
- Someone preparing to be a Product Owner, Agile Business Analyst, Scrum Master or Agile Team Member Anyone who wants to know how to be proficient with Epics, Themes, Stories and Requirements
- A candidate who wants answers to frequently misunderstood points within about User Stories An expert candidate who wants a concise, quick refresher on User Stories