User Stories for Agile Scrum+Product Owner+Business Analysis
What you'll learn
- Learn what a User Story is and why they are so powerful for capturing requirements in complex projects
- Feel confident in writing user stories for any project
- Understand what a Requirements Spec is and Why they are less flexible than a Product Backlog built with Agile User Stories
- Explain what The Three Rs rule, Acceptance Criteria and Edge Cases are and how they will make you a better user story writer
- Understand how to split and amalgamate stories
- Learn techniques to help you to split user stories when working in the real world
- Understand the difference between EPics and Themes and when each is used
- Learn who is responsible for writing user stories in agile and scrum
- There are no pre-requesites for this course. I explain everything from the ground up
"Scrum Open, Professional Scrum™, Professional Scrum Master™, PSM, PSM I, PSM 1, etc. is the protected brand of Scrum . org. Our course and practice exams are neither endorsed by nor affiliated with Scrum . org."
Three reasons to TAKE THIS COURSE right now!
The unique reasons for taking this course are:
Complete, Concise, Confident Overview of User Stories - I cover all of the theory and give you examples of how the theory is used in industry.
Confidence in writing User Stories - In a very simple way, I teach you exactly how the pros write user stories without going into a class room or spending $1000..
You get to ask me questions and see me respond to every single one of them thoughtfully!
Includes Narration from Ted R. Brown
What is a User Story?
A User Story is the description of a product feature or requirement from from a user's perspective. Based on my experience, it is the simplest way to capture requirements which focus on adding value and help businesses to deliver early return on investment!
Who should take is course?
Whether you are a product owner, scrum master, business analyst, team member, business stakeholder or simply someone who wants the answer to the question "what is a user story", this is the place to start. If you are preparing to become an agile product owner or agile business analyst then this class is for you.
What will I learn?
In this class you will learn:
Concise overview of Agile User Stories - Including How to write a user story description, acceptance criteria to capture the detail, the purpose of epics and themes in dealing with large or vague requirements and how to split stories along with the reasons why user stories are favoured over traditional methods of capturing requirements. This includes lectures on the principles that underpin user stories, such as the INVEST principle and the Three Cs formula.
The facts based on real industry experience and agile expertise - The correct terminology and use of User stories is essential to mastering it. My experience in industry and extensive research into the topic has been used to give you a solid grounding in the most concise way possible.
Agile Product Owners / Agile Business Analyst preparation - I tell you the exact theory and give you templates to prepare you for writing user stories in the real workd, business or work place without having to do a face to face course saving you hundreds if not thousands of dollars.
The course is video based with no supporting document necessary. I go through key gotchas from the scrum guide. If you have 3by5 index cards, this is a bonus but you can get started without this.
How is the course structured?
Each section features an overview of a particular aspect of User Stories such as Principles, How to write a user story description, how to write acceptance criteria, or epics. Examples are included throughout the course. All is based on Agile theory and real world experience so you know that you are learning the facts.
Inspired by God, the Bible, Mike Cohn.
Who this course is for:
- Product Owners, Agile Business Analysts, Agile or Scrum Team Members and Business OWners
- Anyone who wants a complete overview of Agile User Stories and certainty that they are getting the facts taught by an industry expert
- Someone preparing to be a Product Owner, Agile Business Analyst, Scrum Master or Agile Team Member Anyone who wants to know how to be proficient with Epics, Themes, Stories and Requirements
- A candidate who wants answers to frequently misunderstood points within about User Stories An expert candidate who wants a concise, quick refresher on User Stories
What do students say?
"I liked the course. It was quick and easy to understand, but also complete. Thank you."
"Thanks Paul Enjoyed the course and the presentation of the material. I passed the PSM-1 exam on the first try -- 97%"
"Excellent Material Thanks for the clear cut training material."
I am grateful to have received this feedback from a fan because it explains exactly the value I hope to give you in my Udemy courses
► Enrol in one of my courses today to save hundreds of hours learning the hard way and thousands of dollars on training courses like I did ◄
What qualifies me to share my experience with you ?
1. I can help I am a Scrum expert and have lead projects as a software engineer, tech lead, team lead, scrum master, programme manager and portfolio manager. I have coached Product Owners and Business Analysts. Chances are that I understand your issues and how to solve them. I really want to help!
2. Experience - I have lead projects for small and large international companies such as the BBC, General Electric, Oracle, BSkyB, HiT Entertainment and Razorfish. These roles have all involved leadership on a wealth of mobile, internet TV and web software projects.
3. Author - I have written over 10 books on the subject of scrum and agile such as Scrum Mega Pack, The Power of Scrum in the Real World, and Confessions of a Scrum Master to name but a few. Also the upcoming User Story book. My teachings in the form of books have been published to the popular infoq website among other places.
4. Students and Improvement - I have a huge number of students around the world. The feedback they give me is excellent and I regularly make an effort to improve whenever I get suggestions.
Who is the Instructor?
Paul is the CEO/Managing Director and Chief Consultant at Pashun Consulting Ltd, author of Scrum Mega Pack and a certified scrum master and coach with experience in international blue chip companies dating back to 1999. That experience includes leading projects for the BBC, General Electric, Oracle, BSkyB, HiT Entertainment (responsible for Angelina Ballerina, Bob the builder and other titles that you love watching with your kids or siblings but won't admit to) and Razorfish. These roles have all involved leadership on a wealth of mobile, internet TV and web software projects.
Includes Narration from Ted R. Brown
Who are Pashun Consulting?
Pashun Consulting is a specialist in Scrum coaching and leadership within major global organisations. We are authors of over 10 books on the subject of scrum such as Scrum Mega Pack, The Power of Scrum in the Real World, and Confessions of a Scrum Master to name but a few (as well as the upcoming Agile User Story book). Our teachings in the form of books have been published to the popular infoq website among other places and we are responsible for the popular free scrum ebook. What is the instructor's background? Paul's journey began before agile and scrum methods were widespread in the industry and this gave him the benefit of leading and working on projects using non-agile methodologies such as PRINCE 2 and waterfall. He began as a software developer at the BBC and over 10 years later his consulting experience took him to be an Agile Portfolio Manager. For this reason, we have seen both sides of the story and can give good reasons why we ended up on the scrum side of it. Having used both agile and non-agile variants, we can honestly say that the scrum framework, when fully understood and used as its creators intended, has been the most successful framework for delivering a quality product. At the same time it gives ambitious businesses the flexibility to change requirements as needed in this modern world.
What are the instructors core Skills?
Certified Scrum Master (10+ years running Web, Mobile and Internet TV projects )
Portfolio/PMO Manager (co-ordinating agile teams, managing budgets, and continuous improvement for agile teams)
Software Developer (10 years+ Experience developing web, Interactive TV and Mobile apps)
Coaching Product Owners and Business Analysts in agile and scrum practices such as User Stories writing
How can I help?
➲ How can I best help you to have agile scrum success? Try one of my courses today to find out or learn more about what I have online!