User Stories in Agile Projects | Mastering User Stories
What you'll learn
- Learn why high quality User Stories are important for the success of a project
- Learn how conventional requirements and User Stories differ and in which methodologies both are preferred
- Understand the role of User Stories in the agile methodology and find out how user stories are embedded in the agile framework (e.g. Scrum)
- Learn how to write high-quality User Stories yourself, using several powerful methods
- Learn how to define Acceptance Criteria and understand why they are important for the implementation of User Stories
- Understand the concept of the Definition of Ready and the Definition of Done and learn how to define them
- Learn under which circumstances User Stories have to be split and which approaches can be used to split User Stories
- All chapters are supported by practical examples, use cases and quizzes to help you check what you have learned and to test yourself
- You do not need any previous knowledge or experience for this course. You will get to know User Stories from scratch, in theory and in practice.
Increase the success of your agile project with high-quality User Stories, which describe the wishes of the users in a simple and experience-oriented way.
Many companies today take an agile approach to project execution. Besides the project organization according to the agile framework, a major challenge is the definition and documentation of requirements. In the past, this was created in the form of a classic requirements documentation, but in agile projects however, User Stories are utilized.
A User Story is a short and simple requirement description, which usually consists of only one or two sentences.These sentences alone could not replace a complete requirements documentation, but if written correctly and processed correctly in the project team, it will unfold an enormous value.
In this course you will learn how to write such User Stories in high quality, how to work on further requirements in the team, how to define acceptance criteria and much more. The goal of the course is to make you an expert in the field of User Stories, no matter if you are completely new in this field or if you have already gained some experience.
Included in this course:
26 HQ Video Lectures that will help you to understand the content in a clearly structured and simple way
Quizzes at the end of each chapter to help you check what you have learned and to test yourself
Resources and reading recommendations to further deepen the knowledge gained
Full lifetime access, meaning that the contents are available to you for an unlimited time. So you can use them to look up information if you are unsure or to complete the lessons at your own speed.
30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
Whether you are completely new to the field of User Stories, or have already gained some experience in this area, this course will help you turn theory into practice and to create high quality User Stories.
Sign up for the course today and I look forward to seeing you in the Lectures!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to develop a deep understanding of User Stories in theory and in pratice
- Beginners in the field of agile project management who want to become familiar with the concept of User Stories
- Project Managers, Product Owners and Developers who have already gained knowledge in the area of User Stories and want to strengthen or extend this knowledge
- Business Leaders and Requirement Engineers who want to obtain a better understanding of user stories and their usage.
- Anyone who wants to utilize the benefits of user stories in their everyday projects to document requirements more efficiently and effectively
Benjamin Heinrich has been working for several years as a project manager in the area of customer relationship management at an internationally active company in Germany. He is experienced in the management of agile projects as well as projects based on waterfall methodology. Currently he is responsible for digital products and software solutions as Project Manager and Product Owner. Benjamin Heinrich has a Master of Science degree in Economics and is a certified Product Owner.