User Experience Design Fundamentals
What you'll learn
- Understand user experience design and why it's important
- Understand the elements of user experience
- Understand how the elements of user experience work together
- Understand strategy as an element of user experience
- Understand the research process
- Identify business goals, and user needs
- Understand scope as an element of user experience
- Create a functional specification
- Learn how to develop content requirements
- Learn to prioritize specs and requirements
- Understand structure as an element of user experience
- Architect information effectively
- Understand organizing principles for digital media
- Understand skeleton as an element of user experience
- Understand navigation design
- Create an effective information design
- Learn to create wireframes
- Understand surface as an element of user experience
- Learn visual design principles
- Understand contrast and uniformity
- Learn the best use of color and typography
- Understand A/B testing processes
- Learn resources available to assist with User Experience Design Process
- Computer with internet connection and web browser
Are your web conversion rates low? Do you know whether your web site is effective at meeting your goals? Do users get "stuck" and aren't able to complete the tasks they want to? Are your forms effective? How can your mobile app be improved?
It's becoming easier and easier to create web sites and mobile apps-- But harder and harder to measure the effectiveness of these applications. In Joe Natoli's well-designed course User Experience Design Fundamentals you'll learn how to create effective web sites, mobile sites and mobile applications that encourage conversions and leave users wanting more.
It's not enough to simply have a web presence -- you must have a web presence that's effective to be successful. In this dynamic course Joe will expand on Jesse James Garrett's pioneering model of the critical elements of user experience -- strategy, scope, structure, skeleton and surface. As you learn you'll be able to apply the knowledge Joe teaches in dynamic lab exercises-- and later to your own work as a developer or designer.
If you're a designer moving into a more complex digital world or a developer who has to occasionally function as a designer as well, this course is for you. You'll feel more confident as you make design related decisions about layout, color, information, design and typography after completing this exciting course.
Who this course is for:
- Web Designers
- Mobile Designers
- Web Developers
- Business Owners
- Anyone who wants to make more effective web sites and mobile sites
Joe Natoli has launched five successful online courses with Udemy on the topics of User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI) Design, with more than 266,000+ students enrolled to date.
Joe has been preaching and practicing the gospel of User Experience (UX) to Fortune 100, 500 and Government organizations for three decades. That work includes commercial industry leaders like Google Ventures, Kroll/Duff + Phelps, Broadridge, Conde Nast, Johns Hopkins, Mettler-Toledo, PHH Arval, SC Johnson and Wolters Kluwer, as well as government agencies like the National Science Foundation, National Institutes of Health and the Dept. of Homeland Security.
Joe devotes half of his practice to writing, coaching, and speaking. From guiding students at the beginning of their careers to integrating UX into the work of seasoned veteran developers and designers, he is immensely passionate about the inherent power of UX and design.
The remaining half of Joe’s practice is dedicated to training Enterprise Design and Development teams, helping them integrate best practices in UX into their product development efforts. In addition, he does a limited number of UX Audit engagements to help organizations identify and overcome UX-related obstacles to product adoption.
Joe has been speaking publicly on the topics of User Experience (UX) and Design across the globe for 24 years, from global conferences like HOW Design Live, SDD, DevWeek, and IxDA South America. He also makes it a point to spend time talking to students across the country at colleges and universities, in an effort to give back what others have so generously given him.
His bestselling book on UX Strategy and Product Improvement, Think First, was published worldwide on October 5, 2015.
In addition, he has written numerous articles about the roles Design and UX play in business success for publications such as Fast Company, SmartCEO, The AIGA Journal, The Baltimore Business Journal and Business Monthly. His articles, advice and videos can be seen at his website, as well as across various social media platforms.