Useful Tricks & Tips in Adobe Illustrator
- An understanding of the basic tools and palettes in Adobe Illustrator is recommended.
- A copy of Adobe Illustrator CC or later.
In this training course, you will learn a variety of useful tricks and tips to improve your skills in Adobe Illustrator.
The course is made up of 16 lessons, with each one being labelled individually, so that you can always come back and remind yourself how to do something whenever you like. We start off by looking at creating some basic and advanced shapes, before moving on to working with paths and imagery, followed by several text applications, and other cool effects.
By the end of this course, you will have developed a greater knowledge and understanding of how you can use some of the different tools in Adobe Illustrator to great effect.
Who this course is for:
- This course is intended for designers with an understanding of the basic tools and palettes, that are looking to develop their skills in Adobe Illustrator with some useful tricks and tips.
- 00:56Course Overview
- Preview04:18Drawing Basic Shapes
- 05:58Drawing a Heart Shape
- 04:53Drawing a Symmetrical Shield Shape
- 05:33Drawing a Settings Cog Shape
- 04:22Drawing a Volume Speaker Shape
- 01:38The Infinite Symbol
- 06:37Compound Paths & Clipping Masks
- 03:05Adding Rounded Corners to Existing Shapes
- 05:23Adding Reflections to Images using Masks
- 03:17Adding Textures using Opacity Masks
- 02:01Drawing a Dotted Line
- 02:25Distorting Text
- 02:47Adding Text to a Path
- 02:28The Stitched Text Effect
- 03:03The Scribble Effect
Daniel White is a professional designer with over 10 years experience, who loves to share his knowledge and expertise, helping aspiring creatives to develop their skills. Since 2010, when Daniel founded his own design studio, he has worked with a variety of clients, delivering projects for branding, print and the web.