Usability Testing (in UX Research & Design Evaluation: 2022)
What you'll learn
- Importance of Usability testing in UX Design process
- Plan and execute real-life usability tests for your projects
- Recruit the right participants for User / Stakeholder Interviews
- Collect and analyse behavioural data for qualitative user research
- How to analyse & prioritize findings & present it to stakeholders
- Passion and willingness to improve the UI/UX of digital products (including mobile and tablet apps on iOS / Android, websites, web applications, desktop software etc.)
- Computer, headset and a internet connection, to conduct usability studies online effectively.
No matter how much effort do we put in UX Research, we still make many assumptions during the ideation & prototyping. To minimize business risk, it is crucial to validate our designs. Usability testing (or simply user testing) is the most effective method for uncovering usability issues in apps or websites.
I have mastered usability testing by practicing it for over a decade now! I have packaged all of that for you learn in a course just under 2 hours.
We will cover a range of topics including but not limited to:
What is usability testing & why is it important?
What are different type of usability tests?
How to keep your biases out throughout the test process?
The art of "shutting up and observing"
Planning usability testing sessions
Where & how to find test participants?
Learn to moderate like a pro
Analysing and reporting the findings
By the end of this course, you will be a skilled test moderator with the knowledge and confidence to conduct usability tests. You will be able to answer questions such as:
How to speed up the process of collecting user feedback?
How to do UX research on a budget with limited resources/budget/users?
How to get actionable insights our of usability testing studies?
So, are you ready to bag this skill as product UX designer? Sign up now! As part of this course, you will get access to:
Lifetime access to video content
Five hands-on usability testing exercises
Downloadable UX resources to get you started today
Who this course is for:
- Designers who want hands-on techniques for evaluating their designs with end users of mobile apps or websites (including UI/UX Designers, UX researchers, Graphics & Visual designers)
- Students aspiring to start a career in User Experience field.
- Junior designers who want to upskill themselves in the principles of Usability Testing for career growth.
- Product Managers (PMs) and founders who want to choose the right usability test for the current product lifecycle stage, and validate the designs before development.
- Product Marketing Managers who want to understand user behaviour for reducing drop rates or churn, increase conversion & retention rates and drive optimal product positioning.
Seasoned UX designer with over a decade of professional experience designing websites and mobile apps. I specialise in empathy mapping, information architecture and interaction design. I have managed design teams in high-growth startups & MNCs operating in B2C & B2B domains (like fintech, supply chain management, travel, healthTech, consumer & enterprise SaaS products etc.)