Planning and Executing a Usability Test
What you'll learn
- Where UT fits in the design process.
- Who are the actors who participate in a UT session.
- What are different type of tests.
- What are the different type of questions in a UT & what is the right number of participants for a session.
- How to plan for a Kickoff Meeting.
- How to screen participant.
- How to build a Usability test protocol.
- How to prepare a data log sheet.
- What are the pointers to remember while scheduling participants.
- How to analysis & prioritize findings & how to redesign & present design changes.
- How to initiate a session.
- What is a think aloud protocol.
- How to probe users & maintain neutral voice tone & body language.
- What is a remote usability test, Guerilla UT & A-B & multivariate testing.
- Basic understanding of software delivery process.
Learn quick and practical usability testing techniques - A 7 step process that will help you move the design into compliance with the users’ needs, limitations, mental models and cognitive styles. You will learn essential testing techniques ranging from test setup to test planning & execution. The course talks about simple paper prototype tests to cutting-edge remote testing using advanced tool sets & how to successfully moderate your session.
A student would learn
- Where UT fits in the design process,
- Who are the actors who participate in a UT session,
- What are different type of tests,
- What are the different type of questions in a UT
- What is the right number of participants for a session.
- How to plan for a Kickoff Meeting,
- How to screen participant,
- How to build a test protocol,
- How to prepare a data log sheet,
- What are the pointers to remember while scheduling participants,
- How to analysis & prioritize findings
- How to redesign & present design changes.
- How to initiate a session,
- What is a think aloud protocol,
- How to probe users & maintain neutral voice tone & body language,
- What is a remote usability test,
- What is Guerilla UT
- What is A-B & multivariate testing.
Who this course is for:
- Usability practitioners, website/intranet developers, application developers, interface designers, project managers, quality control personnel, market researchers, and graphic artists.
Over 18 years of blended experience in UX, Product Management, Business Analysis & Strategy, hands on design, Coding & running a startup.
Provide thought leadership, build long term & short term UX strategies to help clients meet business goals.
Mentor & Trainer: Personal & professional growth
Worked for big banks, health care providers, rail road companies, lighting controller & electronics, education platform & content providers, app developers, handset manufacturers, platform vendors and carriers, Travel companies and more.
Extensively traveled worldwide to meet stakeholders, conduct end user interviews, conduct usability tests, facilitate design workshops, and present UI deliverables.
A Design Thinker, HFI CUA-CXA Trainer, UX Though leadership, Enterprise cloud, IOT, UX Strategy, Enterprise Mobile Application, Intranet Applications, Ecommerce, Consumer Mobility, Learning & Content Management, Telecom Back Office, Social & Enterprise Games, Social Enterprise Collaboration, Enterprise Resource Planning, Business Intelligence, Healthcare Device Usability Testing & More.