Urban Krav Maga: Defending The Most Common Street Attacks
What you'll learn
- Understand the principles and actions needed to defend themselves against the 10 most common street attacks.
- Know a few bonus moves regarding self defence and some useful fight finishers.
- Nothing, just go though the course and we'll help you all the way.
The course is all about giving you the knowledge you need to defend yourself against the most common street attacks with a series of detailed instructional videos.
These attacks are:
1. An exchange of person pushes, hands to chest, normally followed by one person striking first to the head.
2. Swinging punches to the head.
3. A front clothing grab, one handed, followed by punch to the head.
4. A front clothing grab, two hands, followed by a head butt.
5. A front clothing grab, two hands, followed by a knee to the groin.
6. A swinging bottle attack to the head.
7. A lashing kick to groin/lower legs.
8. A broken bottle/glass jabbed to face.
9. A slashing attack with a knife,
10. A grappling style head lock.
We cover how to defend yourself against all these attacks plus bonus material including:
- a number of pre-emptive strikes and moves so you can end it before it has begun.
- A few quick fight finishers.
- How to handle an upward thrusting knife attack to the midriff and what to do if the guy grabs you and starts to stab/slash
- How to spot the facial, physical and verbal clues that somebody confronting you is actually about to attack
Martial Arts students often complain about not knowing how the moves they are learning would apply to a real situation. If you stick around long enough you'll get there, but this course gives you the fast track to understanding, you'll learn a range of direct, no-frills techniques and sequences of techniques that will get you out of trouble quickly.
Suitable for everybody, from complete beginners to experienced Martial Artists who want to learn some real-world applications.
You'll be able to fire any questions about the videos to me, the Chief Instructor of Urban Krav Maga and I will get back to you with a prompt response with additional video instruction if necessary.
Who this course is for:
- For anybody who wants to know something about how to defend themselves.
- No experience necessary, suitable for people who want to know something about how to defend themselves but don't have the time nor the inclination to go to a Martial Arts Class.
- Suitable for Beginners to the Martial Arts who want to learn the real world applications of some of the moves they are starting to learn.
- Suitable for experienced Martial Artists and Instructors who wand to know more about real world applications of their arts.
- Suitable for Students and Instructors of Reality Based Self Defence Systems.
- Suitable for both men and women, and all levels of strength and fitness.
Stewart McGill, Senior Instructor with the British Combat Association and Urban Krav Maga. Previously a 3rd Dan in Goju Ryu karate, Civilian/Law Enforcement Instructor with the IKMF.
Member of the Martial Arts Illustrated Magazine Hall of Fame.
As well as having been an Instructor with the International Krav Maga Federation, I’ve trained with the Israel Krav Maga Association in Israel.
I was earmarked by my Goju Ryu instructor to take over the running of the club; he had been trained by Yamaguchi Hanshi who was trained by the famous Miyagi, founder of the style and one of the most revered figures in the history of the Okinawan/Japanese martial arts. Consequently, I’m proud of my lineage in this style and although we now train very differently, this solid background in the traditional arts that both Leo Negao (my Co-Chief Instructor, 4-time World Champion in Brazilian Ju Jitsu) and I enjoy has strongly informed the way we have developed our system.
Some of the good stuff in traditional martial arts has been misinterpreted and/or obscured over the years and needs adapting to reality. And too many martial arts focus on a variation of `one-to-one fighting in a ring between people of equal weights.
That’s why I teach people need no-frills, effective self–defence techniques that can be learned quickly and are clearly applicable to real situations and that don’t require levels of strength, fitness and flexibility to which only professional sports people can aspire.
“Over the years I have done a few martial arts and this is the most effective and easy to learn”
Sgt. Jon Millbanks, Metropolitan Police
“Your knife work is superb”
Renshi Anthony Pillage, Chief Instructor, Way of the Spiritual Warrior Martial Arts
“(your seminar) was superbly practical and clearly proved why so many techniques that look good are of little value in real life close encounters. Your style is the best out there for self defence.”
Swee Lip, former Chief Executive Master Sken Academy
“If you want to know about Krav Maga, then check out the 6-disc DVD set by Stewart McGill…This is a very comprehensive, very instructional, first rate product presented by people who know what they’re doing…for anyone who has an interest in Self Defence, these 6 DVDs should have some space on your shelves.”
Peter Consterdine / Chairman of The British Combat Association
“Urban Krav Maga is a no-nonsense martial art that works!”
Bob Sykes / Editor / Martial Arts Illustrated magazine
“A great training session, thank you.
Feedback from the group was very positive.”
Head of Surrey Police Force’s Special Response Squad