Professional Writing : build a freelance business.
- Solid writing skills.
The #1 writer in Articles & Blog Posts on Fiverr.
100% Top Rated on Upwork for over 18 months.
Damien Walter shares essential insights on navigating competitive freelance marketplaces like Upwork and Fiverr for professional writers.
Thousands of professional writing gigs are advertised every day online via digital freelance platforms. Top writers can make in excess of $150 per hour with almost unlimited potential for work. But winning at Upwork and Fiverr can have its challenges.
Learn the signs of high quality clients and how to filter out low quality time wasters.
Progressively raise your rates of pay.
Build strong client relationships that win great reviews.
Be So Good They Can't Ignore You : leverage creative writing achievements to win professional clients.
Identify the key skills you must develop to raise your professional writing game.
For new writers, great tips to land your first clients.
- Professional writers who want to profit on Upwork and Fiverr.
- LIVE Q&A on Instagram00:08
- How did you develop your writing career?01:12
- Can a professional writer still be creative?02:24
- Why is demand increasing for professional writers?03:20
- What are the key skills for success as a professional writer?08:25
- How do I find high quality clients?06:06
- How do I build high quality client relationships?05:15
- How can I land my first clients?06:12
- Do I need a huge portfolio to land paid gigs?01:17
- How do I raise my rates of pay over time?04:41
- THANK YOU!01:08
Damien Walter ( BA / MA / PGCHE / HEA) teaches good writers how to be great. His research and critical writing have been published in The Guardian, Wired, BBC, The Independent, Aeon and with Oxford University Press. He is a former director of creative writing at the University of Leicester, a member of the Higher Education Academy, and a graduate of the Clarion writers workshop taught by Neil Gaiman. He consults widely for businesses in technology, healthcare, and manufacturing to help them tell great stories.