Updo Hairstyles fit for the Princess in Everyone!
- 40 mins on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Long hair has many options! You will learn the skills to bring smiles to your clients, family and friends!
- Professionals will be able to ask for more money as their expertise grows and demand for their services increase.
- You will be able to have better informed conversations with your clients that will result in more services, excitement, and greater loyalty.
- To work along with the tutorials, you will need: A blow dryer, a small teasing brush and comb, a rat tail comb, curling iron, hot rollers, bobby pins and hair pins to match your hair color, large hair ties, small clear elastics, silver clips, and hairspray. You may need a hair donut.
- Someone or a manikin head with long hair to practice on.
- Time and patience, gentleness toward yourself and a never give up attitude!
Updos fit for the Princess in Everyone!
If you are a stylist these are simply important skills to master. A professional can be called upon at any time to do any form, or style the client needs. Fashion shows, princess birthday parties, high-end formals and balls, theme weddings or quite simply - a beautiful classic updo. There are four here for your learning pleasure!
Anyone can create these looks, it only takes a commitment and a "not giving up" attitude! See you inside! Everything is figure-out-able!
- Professional hairdressers or students looking to improve speed, skills and confidence.
- Anyone who loves doing awesome hairstyles on family and friends!
- Are you a salon owner? I understand not everyone enjoys dressing hair, but for those interested, send them here for all of their updo and hair-styling education!
I am so glad you are here!
You CAN master these styles, learn new skills, speed up your work with my tricks and tips and see your creativity soar!
Whether you are a professional or not, you are welcome to PLAY with hair!
So, join us, watch, find a friend or client to practice on and have FUN!
Check out my Facebook page and consider joining my group: Updo and Hairstyle Education to keep connected with others who love doing hair as much as you do!
Nothing is better than sharing my journey and knowing you are trusting me to add to yours! I know you are already an amazing stylist. This career path is not for the timid, it is different every day, challenging every day and super rewarding. Especially for those of us who want to be a part of our client's meaningful, sometimes emotional, special occasion services! I am here for you. Reach out anytime with any questions! You will find all of my contact information and links in the bonus section.
It's all about the long hair! Welcome...
Hot rollers are a great tool to have for your updo clients. I see many people rely on using just a curling iron but mastering hot rollers saves time. Setting a client in hot rollers gives her a break to rest emotionally for her upcoming special occasion and allows you to start on another updo increasing your per-hour intake. This is also a great time to send her to the make-up artist. If a client sits a long time in one spot they can get antsy and stressed. We want to prevent that for her special day!
Enjoy this clear demonstration of how to curl your hair three ways with one tool. If you want curls in the bottom of your half up style this video is a perfect resource for you. If you are doing curls for body and an updo prep, be sure to clip each curl after you make it. Once they are cooled, let them down and begin your hairstyle!
This is an excellent example of how to get good solid teasing where it matters. When you follow steps and you know where the updo is headed, stress is minimized. If the client freaks out seeing you tease you now have the confidence to continue teasing, explain the process and assure her a beautiful style is unfolding. Remember, it is more likely the anticipation of special occasion that is adding to her stress intolerance, not you or your work. Always smile and be reassuring.
This is a great skill to master. Teasing and molding hair will open up your world of updo style skills. Stylists need to be ready for any request that comes our way. School plays, movies, fashion shows, you never know when these skills will be required.
How may I serve you? Curious about coaching for your life, career, or relationships?
Learn how Clarity Coaching maybe be just what you are looking for. I would love to connect with you!
What is coaching?
Everything is intertwined. Relationships with those close to us, work relationships and our relationship with ourselves affects our goals and dreams.
Coaching opens us up to possibilities we are not seeing and resources we have not considered.
Coaching is for you if:
· You feel stuck, life and or career seems flat lined.
· Your career feels stale, yet you are working your butt off and are not sure what is next for you.
· You have a bold vision but are unclear as to the steps to get you there.
· One day just goes into the next. You find yourself procrastinating, with doubts and fears but you know there is something more.
You do not need to be a hairdresser to coach with me. I have coached stylists, mom’s, retirees, entrepreneurs, business owners, solopreneurs, students, people in recovery, artists, writers, and other coaches.
What’s the next step?
First, let's have a discovery phone call so I can listen to where you are at and where you want to be.
Click the link in the resource section. It will take you to a landing page with links to my Acuity scheduling page. There you will find time slots you can choose from for our first phone call.
On my Acuity scheduling page, you will find an intake form full of questions. There are no right or wrong answers. Working through these questions will be your first step in bringing clarity to your journey and bring me clarity as to how best to work with you and move forward.
I hope you have enjoyed this hairstyling course. I love bringing training and styles to make your clients and friends feel even more special! Bravo to you for your passion!