Unreal Engine 5 C++ Developer: Learn C++ & Make Video Games
What you'll learn
- How to make games in Unreal Engine 5.
- C++, the games industry standard language.
- Object Oriented Programming and how to put it into practice.
- Game design principles.
- Programming patterns and best practices.
- Artificial Intelligence behaviour programming for enemies.
- Write code that is clean and to understand.
- When to use Blueprint or C++.
- How to achieve anything you want in Unreal using C++.
- Unreal Gameplay Framework to make games easily.
- Strong and transferable problem solving skills.
- Modern game development technologies and techniques.
- 64-bit PC capable of running Unreal 5 (recommended).
- Or a Mac running latest MacOS Big Sur.
- +8GB of RAM.
- Quad-core CPU, 2.5 GHz or faster.
- DirectX 11, 12 or Metal 1.2 Compatible Graphics Card.
- About 50GB of free disc space.
- No previous Unreal or coding experience needed.
Ready to make games in the amazing world of Unreal Engine 5?
This "critically-acclaimed" and "insanely successful" Unreal Engine course was created in collaboration with Epic Games.
The majority of the course has been fully updated and remastered to Unreal Engine 5. Existing students get all the new material for free.
Learn how to create and mod video games using Unreal Engine 5, even if you're a complete beginner. Unreal is a free-to-use game development engine used by AAA studios and indie developers worldwide. It is a massive and powerful beast, but we break it down step-by-step so you can tame it.
We start super simple so no prior experience of Unreal or coding is needed! With our online tutorials, you'll be amazed at what you can achieve. We believe project-based learning is the best way to learn Unreal Engine, so you’ll create 5 Unreal games!
Already know Unreal and want to learn VR or Multiplayer? Check out our other Unreal courses, just look for the green leaf for our other world-class Unreal courses.
Learn C++, the powerful industry-standard language from scratch. By the end of the course, you'll be very confident in the basics of coding and game development, and hungry to learn more.
"Any serious game programmer needs to know C++"
Jason Gregory, Lead Programmer at Naughty Dog (creators of Uncharted & The Last of Us)
Anyone who wants to learn to create games: Unreal Engine is a fantastic platform which enables you to make AAA-quality games. Furthermore, these games can be created for Windows, consoles, macOS, iOS, Android and Web from a single source!
Benefit from our world-class support from both other students, and the instructors who are on the forums regularly. Go on to build several games including a tank game, and a First Person Shooter.
You will have access to a course forum where you can discuss topics on a course-wide basis, or down to the individual video. Our thriving discussion forum will help you learn and share ideas with other students.
Get plugged into our communities of amazing developers on Facebook (nearly 20k), in our own TA-curated Community (17k views/day), and our student chat group (10k live at any one time).
Start to learn Unreal C++ now, you won't be disappointed!
Who this course is for:
- Competent and confident with using a computer.
- Artists who want to bring their assets alive in a game engine.
- Developers who want to re-skill across to coding.
- Complete beginners who are willing to work hard.
- Existing programmers who want to re-skill to game development.
- Thos wanting to explore the exciting new world of UE5!
I wrote my first game when I was 14 and ever since, programming has been a key part of both work and play in my life. I studied Computer Science at the University of Cambridge where I also taught undergraduates. Before becoming an instructor, I had years of industry experience working as a freelance software engineer working with startups in a wide range of industries.
For me, Udemy is the opportunity to combine my passions for teaching and programming.
GameDev tv was created to help anyone learn how to develop, design and sell indie games. We have some of the best-selling and highest rating game development courses on Udemy.
We have more than a million students, and our aim is to make and maintain high quality courses that are engaging and entertaining for them.
GameDev tv offers comprehensive courses on Unity, Blender, Unreal, coding in C#, C++ and more. Looking to learn about a topic that we don't cover? Get plugged into our communities of amazing developers on Facebook (nearly 20k), in our own TA-curated Community (17k views/day), and our student chat group (10k live at any one time).
When I earned my bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, I was exposed to the world of programming. I was instantly hooked. I have a passion for game development and a love for creative problem-solving. I have written and self-published a science fiction novel and love all things creative. I have experience assisting and tutoring in engineering, mathematics, physics, chemistry, and programming.
I have since gained professional industry experience in the world of surgical simulations. It is extremely rewarding and my passion is to pass on my knowledge so others can achieve a highly engaging and fun career as I have!
I enjoy biking, drawing, 3D-design, and procedural generation in video games. I am currently teaching how to implement algorithms such as procedurally-generated level creation techniques on my YouTube page: Druid Mechanics.
I have also written a book on Unreal Engine C++, available on Amazon, titled: Unreal Engine C++ The Ultimate Developers Handbook.