Unreal Engine 5: Blueprint Scripting 101
What you'll learn
- How to setup a project in Unreal
- How to create various Blueprint Types
- How to navigate the Blueprint Editor
- How to utilize the Event Graph inside of a Blueprint
- How to utilize the Construction Script inside of a Blueprint
- How to create / add / use Variables in scripts
- How to create Object References in scripts
- How to create / add / use Events in scripts
- How to create / add / use Functions in scripts
- How to create / add / use Macros in scripts
- How to add / use Flow Control nodes
- How to Communicate between Blueprints
- How to create / setup "Framework" Blueprints
- How to create Child Blueprints using Inheritance
- How to Compile Blueprints
- How to Debug Blueprints
- How to utilize hotkeys and other productivity tips & tricks inside of Blueprints
- No programming or previous Unreal Engine experience necessary!
In this game development course, you'll learn all about Unreal Engine's Blueprint Scripting system. This embedded set of tools inside the editor allows ANYONE to create functional gameplay using a visual, node-based approach. This course will cover all the essential concepts, skills, and language to get you started creating your own amazing gaming projects.
This course contains 110 fun-to-follow video lessons. Topics covered include how to...
Setup a Project inside the Unreal Engine
Navigate the Blueprint Editor
Use the Event Graph to add functionality to a Blueprint
Use the Construction Script to make Procedural Content
Create / add / use Object References
Create / add / use Events
Create / add / use Variables
Ways to Get & Set
Create Single, Array, Set, or Map Variables
Create / add / use Functions
Create Custom Functions
Create a Function Library
Create / add / use Macros
Create Custom Macros
Create a Macro Library
Add / use Flow Control nodes
Identify Blueprint Types
Use different Blueprint Communication methods
Identify and setup the different "Framework" Blueprints in your Project Settings
Use Inheritance to Create Child Class Blueprints
Utilize Blueprint Productivity Hacks
With the knowledge gained in these video lessons, you will have the necessary skills to start creating your OWN custom scripts for your OWN gaming projects!
Please do not hesitate to share your creations with me! I love to show off student projects in promotional emails.
Who this course is for:
- Beginners looking to get started creating gameplay using Unreal
- Intermediates or Professionals looking for a repository of Blueprint Scripting know-how
Greg Wondra is an Unreal Authorized Instructor and 12 year video game design veteran. He's worked for companies such as 2K Sports, KingsIsle Entertainment, and Nickelodeon. Working credits include:
- Wizard 101 (PC)
- Lost Planet 3 (360, PS3, PC)
- MonkeyQuest (PC)
- Sports Champions (PS3)
- Major League Baseball 2K5, 2K6, 2K7, 2K8 (various consoles)
- SpongeBob Moves In (Mobile)
- Grub Guardian (Mobile)
Working in the gaming industry has been a lifetime dream filled with rare opportunities. He's had the good fortune to have directed LeBron James and Derek Jeter in motion capture sessions in his gaming career. Additionally, Greg led the design of "Sports Champions"...the first game ever released for the PS Move hardware.
"Mr. Wondra" has worked as the Video Game Design instructor at the Regional Occupational Center in Bakersfield, CA where he teaches a full year course on game design using the Unreal Engine.