Unreal Engine 4: Introduction to Blueprints
- A copy of the Unreal Engine 4, and a basic understanding of Mathematics.
In these lessons you will start by learning at a beginner level in programming within Blueprints, finding out the basic information needed within all programming development. From this you will start to move into building in more advanced mechanics in an easy to follow step by step approach which will allow you to play around and build your own content to eventually build your own game.
Blueprints are the in house programming tool used by Unreal as a visual programming. This allows for fast development of systems and mechanics within a game environment. This can be used for rapid prototyping of games development system which might be useful to an new developer, or that of someone looking to transfer from one programming language to Unreal.
Hopefully this series will be able to help you develop your own mechanics and systems and will lead you to have a greater knowledge of how to use the Unreal Engine 4 Blueprint system.
Any questions, feel free to ask them, please note I am aware of the audio quality on the videos and this is something that I am looking to address in future videos. Though if you have any questions regarding how to program feel free to ask away.
Who this course is for:
- Beginners looking to start programming in Blueprint for Unreal Engine 4.
- 00:54Introduction to Classes
- 03:59Data Types
- 02:18Appending Data
- 01:17Public and Private Variables
- 02:14Conditional Statements, Branch Statements, IF Statements
- 02:48Nested IF Statements
- 02:14Case statements and Switch Statements
- 03:16Boolean Logic, AND, OR, NOT
- 01:55While Loops
- 01:34For Loops
- 02:30For Each Loops
- 02:12Game Modes
- 01:33Adding a Player Character
- 03:29Custom inputs and movement axis
- 05:11Casting Data from an actor
- 03:20Custom Events and Functions
- 04:59Basic Structures
- 06:06Arrays and appending to HUDs
- 03:57Heath and Progress Bars
- 03:11Level to Level
- 04:00Games Instance
- 03:46Rotation of the Camera, and Forward Vector Movement
- 01:10Vector Right movement.
- 03:54Line Tracing towards a target
Hello world, I am a teacher by trade with over 6 years of experience in teaching a wide array of subjects ranging from Art to Computer Science. Having taught students who have just started high school to adults I have a wide array of experience when it comes to pitching and considering learners needs. Prior to teaching I have worked both in Finance and Software Development, more specifically the games industry, as a freelance developer and programmer. My personal objective is to try and lower the bar into development to help everyone being able to create their own visions within a digital environment.