Unreal Engine 4: Create an Arcade Classic!
- 26.5 hours on-demand video
- 13 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand how to download, install, and setup a project in Unreal Engine 4
- Build levels, create materials, customize particles, and edit sounds in Unreal Engine 4
- Script interactive gameplay elements utilizing Unreal Engine 4's Blueprint Scripting tools
- Layout, animate, and give functionality to custom-made menu screens and in-game HUD
- Create a COMPLETE gaming experience from scratch!
In this short video, you're going to get a quick primer on what videos are deemed "ESSENTIAL" and what videos are deemed "OPTIONAL" for completing the course!
ESSENTIAL COURSES - Have characters on the video thumbnail image
OPTIONAL COURSES - Do NOT have characters on lesson thumbnail image. Meant for Unreal Engine 4 beginners.
Before we get rolling with our project, it's important we create an organized folder structure in the Content Browser. This video shows you how.
NOTE: Towards the final minute of this video you'll be informed that in later updates to the Unreal Engine, folders that are created but NOT populated with any assets inside of them will be deleted from your project automatically if you happen to close out your project! No worries, you can simply create the folders mentioned in this video down the road in future videos as needed!
In this video you'll learn how to navigate through your game world using some keyboard inputs.
In this video we create our Power Pellet. This will be much the same as our Pellet Blueprint but with some added visual components.
This video shows the construction of an Orange Blueprint. This fruit will eventually spawn in for our player to eat (and score even bigger points).
- SUGGESTED: Desktop PC with Windows 7 (or later) 64-bit - OR - a Mac with Mac OS X 10.9.2 or later
- SUGGESTED: 8 GB RAM
- SUGGESTED: Quad-core Intel or AMD processor
- SUGGESTED: DirectX 11 compatible video card
- SUGGESTED: Unreal Engine version 4.18 or later
In this game design course, I will be guiding you step by step through the re-creation of an arcade classic using Unreal Engine 4: THE premier free to download gaming engine! (AND the SAME engine used to build the smash hit "Fortnite").
This course contains over 100 fun to follow video lessons. Things learned in this course include:
How to setup and create a project in Unreal Engine 4
How to construct simple levels using basic shapes
How to create interactive objects using Blueprint Scripting
How to implement simple enemy AI
How to create interactive menus and a game HUD
How to add fun presentation elements like slow motion, animating scores, flashing text, etc.
With the knowledge gained in these video lessons, you will be armed with the necessary skills to start building your OWN gaming creations (WITHOUT any programming knowledge needed)!
- Anyone interested in learning how to use Unreal Engine 4 to create games
- NO PRIOR VIDEO GAME DESIGN KNOWLEDGE OR UNREAL ENGINE 4 EXPERIENCE NEEDED!