Unofficial Udemy Course Marketing: Length, Price and Coupons
What you'll learn
- Strategies for setting the optimal length for your course from shortest, 30 minutes, to longest, 99 hours. Determine your optimal course length.
- Strategies for setting the optimal price for your course from smallest, $19.99, to largest, $199.99. Determine your optimal course price.
- Strategies for setting the optimal coupon price for your course, from free, to $9.99, to $13.99-$17.99. Determine the best coupon to market your course.
- Strategies for using educational announcements to engage with students and generate course reviews. Learn to follow the 80/20 rule.
- Strategies for using promotional announcements to sell the most courses. Learn why you should use the back-and-forth rather than the blast.
- You should either be or about to become a Udemy instructor to get the most out of this course.
Hello and welcome to my course, 'Unofficial Udemy Course Marketing: Length, Price and Coupons'.
My name is Brian Jackson. I’m the instructor of this course. I’m also the writer of over a dozen books, publisher of over 100 books and Udemy instructor since 2014, with almost 40 Udemy courses to my name.
This is a short, no-frills course about how to market your Udemy courses using course length, price, coupons and announcements. The course includes lots of personal experience from my 8 years on Udemy, along with lots of real-life examples.
In this course, I discuss strategies for determining the optimal length for your Udemy courses, including: minimum and maximum lengths, letting a course be as long as it needs to be, the two-hour limit for free courses, competing via length and the rounding up of course lengths by Udemy. I also discuss the optimal price for your course, including: minimum and maximum prices, matching course price to length and competing via price. Additionally, I discuss coupons codes and announcements.
After watching this course, you will know how to promote your courses via Udemy length and price.
This course is for instructors new to teaching on Udemy and those who have been here a while and want to brush up on their marketing skills.
Why not learn how to sell on Udemy before spending months and years publishing on Udemy?
Clocking in at as close to 76 minutes as I can get (find out why in the course), watching this course should be mandatory for every new Udemy instructor.
So, enroll in the course now and I’ll see you in the classroom,
Who this course is for:
- Those new to Udemy wanting to learn course marketing basics.
- Those experienced Udemy instructors wanting to expand their course marketing skills.
- Those who are curious about how Udemy works.
I was born in the middle of the last century in Los Angeles, California. After moving for a time to the Silicon Valley, I graduated from Humboldt State University amid the redwoods of Northern California.
Two weeks after graduation I was working as a computer systems programmer for Lockheed Missiles and Space (LMSC) back in the Silicon Valley. Two months after that and I was married as I have been happy ever since (for 40 years).
After 14 years at Lockheed, I moved from working on IBM mainframes to using PCs running the Unix operating system and encountered a thing called the Internet. Cisco Systems seemed to be the right place to work, so I joined the company as their 650th employee. Eleven years later Cisco had grown to over 20,000 employees.
I retired at the age of 48 and instantly became bored!
Throughout my professional career, I'd always enjoyed both writing and providing technical training. So, I attended creative writing classes at my local junior college and began to write.
I managed to write and self-publish a handful of books, but things didn't take off until my wife, Melanie Jackson, an established author with a New York company, left traditional publishing to join me in self-publishing.
In 10 years, from 2010 to now, Melanie and I have made half-a-million dollars self-publishing well over 100 books. I also managed to record a pair of audiobooks for Amazon and Audible sale.
By 2014, our rapid rise to Kindle fame had already dwindled. I decided to pursue my second passion of giving training presentations.
Since 2014 I've published over 48 online video training courses for training sites such as Udemy and Skillshare. My goal is to provide low-cost high-quality screencast-based educational material focusing on my areas of expertise; namely, self-publishing and book cover design using the GIMP. I continue to expand my video training catalog while focusing some energy on resurrecting our flagging book sales using various marketing techniques. Finally, I spend a portion of my time maintaining both my website and my wife’s website, which was developed using WordPress.
I currently live in Las Vegas, Nevada, with my lovely wife and Butterscotch the cat.
I'll see you in the classroom,