Unlocking Blended Family Success (A Christian based course)
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 5 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- You will practice the keys to success with 131 creative conversation starters especially for blended family parents.
- You will learn the four obstacles that all blended families face.
- You will discover four, foundational keys to blended family success.
- You will discover how to reinforce these key principles, at home, every single day!
- Three mindsets that will help you to get the most out of this course include an openness to the Christian faith, a desire to grow closer as a family, and a willingness to learn new ways of relating to each other.
Transform your blended family from discouraged and disjointed to more closely connected than ever before! This course is especially designed for blended family parents and step-parents, and will guide you on the journey.
In this course:
- You will discover the four obstacles that all blended families face.
- You will learn the four keys to unlocking blended family success.
- You will practice the keys to success with your spouse, using 131 creative conversation starters designed for blended families.
- You will examine practical strategies for implementing these skills in your blended family home, every single day!
Blended families face a number of challenges that traditional families never encounter, leaving family members feeling lonely and isolated. Parents and step-parents wonder, "Why is our family taking so long to blend?" Arguments increase, family members disconnect, with additional pain and heartache as the final result.
Fortunately, this does not have to happen to your family. There is hope! In this faith-based course, we examine what the Bible says about blended family success. Next, we dive into key principles for success that are based on latest marriage and family research. This course provide specific action steps that you can take for a happier, healthier, and holier blended family home.
Unlocking Blended Family Success, is presented in an engaging, highly-practical, and coffee shop casual manner. So grab a cup of coffee, tea, or another favorite beverage as you discover the four success principles, apply them, and draw closer together than ever before!
- This course is for blended family parents and step-parents who would like to reclaim their joy, by creating a happier, healthier, holier blended family home.
- This course is taught from a faith based, Christian perspective.
Welcome to Unlocking Blended Family Success. I am thrilled you are here! This section introduces some of the key ideas presented throughout the course.
Learn what blended family success is, and get a sneak-peek into where this course is headed.
131 Conversations For StepFamily Success, is a conversation starters book for blended families that will guide you in transforming your family from frustrated to filled with joy. It also contains your homework for the course. Use the 131 conversation starters to practice the success principles with your spouse, and to connect on a deeper level.
If past pain has negatively impacted your faith... If you feel like a second rate Christian... If you have ever wondered "Is God mad at me because I divorced?" then this lesson is for you. In this section, we explore blended families in Scripture and provide reasons for living with joyful confidence!
Examine why connection--even more than communication--is vital to blended family success. Then, dive into specific strategies for putting the Velcro principle into action with The Love Bank Challenge. This may be one of the most important lessons in this course!
I challenge you and your spouse to connect like Velcro by completing The Love Challenge. This challenge involves being proactive in filling your spouse's love-bank for seven days. The attached 24 page workbook will guide you on this journey. Inside, you will find 51 creative, love-bank filling ideas to get you started, along with printable worksheets to record your progress!
Learn what messy feelings are and how to use them to draw closer together than ever before. This lesson provides a vital key to connecting to your spouse, children, and step-children. Then, use the resource guide (attached below) to hold a family meeting, and practice allowing messy feelings in your home.
I challenge you and your family to dive deeper into relating the righting-reflex by completing The Gratitude Challenge. This 30 page, printable workbook will guide you in the process. This challenge is perfect for building family unity, helping family members step out of fix-it mode, and in rediscovering all that you love about your incredible, blended family home!
What helpful advice do you have for blended families? In this video, I'll share three strategies our family used to blend well. I'd also love to hear from you. What helped your family blend and what wisdom would you share with a newer blended family?
In addition to building on strengths, there is also enormous value in examining things that could have been done better. These are not necessarily blended family mistakes as much as they were areas our family grew into. If I could send a letter back in time to my younger self, here are three pieces of blended family advice I'd give.
How about you? What did you learn along the way in your blended family journey?