Unleash Your Creative Writing with AI
What you'll learn
- Learn how to use the language models to improve brainstorming your story
- Explore the creation of images to inspire better descriptions of characters & settings
- Use AI to generate a more efficient research process for longer form stories
- Complete a short story using the tips and tricks taught in the course
- Generate an Animation Video using the tools demoed in this course
- No experience required, but a curious mindset, and willingness to experiment is a must.
- We will cover how to get access to Chat GPT, Open AI Playground, Midjourney, and Studio D-ID. There is no requirement for software downloads, but simply free online account registration.
Have you ever stared at the blank page and wondered what you were going to write? Ever had writer's block?
What about trying your hand at animation, or book cover art?
This course focuses on using AI to enhance your storytelling. More importantly, it focuses on how to incorporate AI into your writing process to make you more productive, more energized, and inspired.
We will cover how to use AI:
Premise and story brainstorming
Create compelling characters
Develop settings and provide vivid descriptions
Invert the research funnel
Enhance conflict between characters and settings
Alternative endings & plot twists
Revision prompts to analyze your stories
Story summaries and blurbs for publication
And much more
We will also have sections that demonstrate how you can create your AI art, which can be used for inspiration for your characters, book cover art, and even scene renditions for descriptive passages. Additionally, we will spend a little time sharing some very interesting animation sites that can take the AI art images you create, combined with a script, and render it into a smooth animation video.
The goal of this course will be to get to the end with a publishable short story as a practical demonstration of the value of these tools. I will walk you through the publication process on the Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) platform.
The process will involve:
Metadata creation (title, subtitle, description, etc.)
Book cover creation using Midjourney and Canva (free)
Formatting the short story using Atticus
Keyword search using Kindlepreneur Publisher Rocket software
Finally, there will be future videos coming for Google's release of Bard AI (a competitor to ChatGPT), storyboarding and comic strip creation using AI tools, and more.
Please join me and see how AI can enhance your storytelling!
Who this course is for:
- Creative writers interested in using AI to enhance their writing
- Anyone interested in telling stories in word or in other modes
- Everyone curious about the new AI tools and how they work
David has been writing on a daily basis since 1998. Granted in the beginning, it was progress notes, histories, and other clinical documentation when he was a physician. Then, one day while vacationing with his family, he went to the Jersey Shore where an idea for a story struck him like summer lightning. He would go on to read hundreds of craft books to improve his writing, write stories (some of which he published), and go deeper and deeper into the technical realm until he stumbled onto the fantastical world of artificial intelligence. And that leads us to this course ... where his love for writing and his fascination for AI come together.