Set up a First Person Game in Unity in under Two Hours!
- 2 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Students will be able to create first person video games.
- Students will have a better understanding of object oriented programming and C#.
- Students will know how to use the most important features of Unity.
In this lecture we detect the collision with our player once he inters the trigger range.
Feel free to skip from the 11th minute ( when I wrote void OnColliderEnter instead of OnTriggerEnter ) to a few minutes before the end of the video, as I've been trying to figure out what that bug was and thought it would be interesting not to edit it out. As it teaches you that very simple mistakes as this one occur on an everyday basis if you're not careful enough.
- A computer capable of running Unity.
This course is designed to teach you the most important techniques required for First Person Game Development.
Creating a First Person Character Controller ( This character controller can be used for Horror games, First person Shooters, or basically any First Person Game you can think of ).
Understanding Colliders and Trigger Volumes ( You will understand how collisions work in video games, and how to use them efficiently with object oriented programming ).
Working with the Unity Animator and Animations ( We will be creating all kinds of different animations to make our game more immersive, these animations will be played through scripts, at our command ).
Mastering Raycasts ( Raycasts are the standard technology used in first person video games, be it in shooting, looking at items to pick them up, opening doors, etc.. ).
Learning how to create a Level in Unity.
- People who would like to get into game development.
- Anyone who wants to develop a first person game.
- People looking to increase their knowledge in Object Oriented Programming.