Unity Virtual Reality - Volume 1
- 3 hours on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Create 3D scenes with Unity and Blender while learning about world space and scale
- Build and run VR applications for consumer headsets including Google Cardboard
- Build interactive environments with physics, gravity, animations, and lighting using the Unity engine
- Experiment with various User Interface (UI) techniques that you can use in your VR applications
- Gain introductory and advanced experience in Unity programming with the C# language
If you already know Unity and have developed your own games, it may be worthwhile revisiting the fundamental concepts.
Understand the possible ways to integrate our Unity project with virtual reality devices.
Unity's UI canvas provides lots of options and parameters to accommodate the kinds of graphical layout flexibility.
- Game developers may already be familiar with the concepts in the book, reapplied to VR projects while exploring many other ideas specific to VR. Mobile, and 2D games; designers who already know how to use Unity will discover another dimension.
Virtual Reality gives users an immersive 3D gaming experience and Unity 5, along with its stunning 3D animation capabilities, is one of the best choices for game developers to create out-of-the-box Virtual Reality games for different platforms such as Google Cardboard, Oculus Rift, and Samsung Gear VR.
This course takes a practical, project-based approach to teach you the basics of Virtual Reality development with the Unity 3D game engine. We walk through a series of hands-on projects, step-by-step tutorials, and in-depth discussions using Unity 5 and other free or open source software. While VR technology is rapidly advancing, we'll capture the basic principles and techniques that you can use to make your VR games and applications immersive and comfortable.
About the Author
Jonathan Linowes is the owner of Parkerhill Reality Labs, a start-up VR/AR consultancy firm. He is a veritable VR and 3D graphics enthusiast, full-stack web developer, software engineer, successful entrepreneur, and teacher. He has a fine arts degree from Syracuse University and a master's degree from the MIT Media Lab. He has founded several successful start-ups and held technical leadership positions at major corporations, including Autodesk Inc. He is also the author of two other books from Packt Publishing, Unity Virtual Reality Projects (2015) and Cardboard VR Projects for Android (2016).
- If you are interested in virtual reality and want to learn how it works, or want to create your own VR experiences (whether you're a non-programmer and are unfamiliar with 3D computer graphics, or experienced in both but new to Virtual Reality), this course is for you. It is also great for people who are new to Unity but can adapt to the pace of the course.