Unity UIToolkit: Introduction To Editor Scripting
What you'll learn
- Create custom Editor Windows for Unity using the UIToolkit.
- Visually build your editor UI using the new UIBuilder.
- Understand how uss, uxml, and C# work together to drive the look, structure and logic of your editor window.
- Create a simple in-editor task list to help track your project progress.
- This course is aimed at a beginner plus to intermediate level. You'll need a basic understanding of the Unity interface and C# (if you've taken any of our other Unity courses then you should be good to go).
Want to create your own editor tools in Unity to help improve your workflow? Or tidy up those script variables to make them easier to work with in the inspector?
In this course, we'll take you through basic editor scripting using Unity's new UIToolkit.
You'll be introduced to the UI Builder, which is a nice visual interface for crafting new editor windows. You'll learn how many of the common elements work including; the basic visual element, text labels, buttons, toggles and input fields.
You'll also be introduced to USS and UXML (based on the css and xml standards), which are used to drive the look and structure of your editor windows.
Learn how to talk to these visual elements via a C# editor script and tie everything together by creating a custom task list window, which will allow you to record your unfinished project tasks and progress directly within Unity.
This course is aimed at a beginner plus to intermediate level. You'll need a basic understanding of the Unity interface and C# (if you've taken any of our other Unity courses then you should be good to go).
All students have access to the Q&A forums where our Instructors, Teaching Assistants and Community are ready to help answer your questions and cheer on your success.
Ready to supercharge your Unity editor? Come join the course now!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in learning more about basic editor scripting and/or using Unity's new UIToolkit.
- Folks who want to create their own editor tools in Unity to help improve their workflow.
- Folks who want to tidy up script variables to make them easier to work with in the inspector.
GameDev tv was created to help anyone learn how to develop, design and sell indie games. We have some of the best-selling and highest rating game development courses on Udemy.
We have more than a million students, and our aim is to make and maintain high quality courses that are engaging and entertaining for them.
GameDev tv offers comprehensive courses on Unity, Blender, Unreal, coding in C#, C++ and more. Looking to learn about a topic that we don't cover? Get plugged into our communities of amazing developers on Facebook (nearly 20k), in our own TA-curated Community (17k views/day), and our student chat group (10k live at any one time).
Gary is a self-proclaimed nerd who absolutely loves video games, maths, science, and technology.
He studied Computing & IT with the Open University and was first introduced to GameDev tv in 2017, when he enrolled on the “Complete Unity Developer” course. Gary wanted to get serious about making games and a few months later he was a Unity certified developer and now run his own indie game studio.
In his younger years, Gary worked as a professional musician and private guitar tutor and particularly enjoyed passing on his knowledge to others. So, when the opportunity arose to become a GameDev tv instructor, he couldn’t pass up the chance to share his knowledge and passion with all of you!